Windows 10: New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10

Discus and support New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I noticed other Windows accounts I had didnt appear in the login screen. I tried rebooting, disabling fast startup, to no avail. I restored a restore... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by antonio3535, Jan 11, 2021.

1. New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10

I noticed other Windows accounts I had didnt appear in the login screen. I tried rebooting, disabling fast startup, to no avail. I restored a restore point from a week ago and it was fixed. However: I needed a added a new Microsoft account I needed and signed into it OK, but when I sign out and sign in again, the screen gets black and nothing happens. I tried removing and re-adding the account to no avail. Ive upgraded from 2004 to 20H2 to no avail.
    I tried adding that same Microsoft account on another PC and it works fine.

I noticed all these profiles under C:\users

Any advice much appreciated

:)

antonio3535, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10

1. New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft account working

2. Microsoft Account not working on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account not working on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: Hey so, i recently bought a new laptop and wanted to play minecaft windows 10 edition on it but i encountered a problem. When signing into my Microsoft Account on Minecraft it says "We tried to sign you in to your Microsoft Account, but something went wrong." I've...
  3. Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working: I just realized that I cannot sign in using Microsoft Account on my Microsoft Store and Windows 10 and even Cortana. Currently it is using a Local Account instead. On Change Account Settings, I click on Sign in with Microsoft Account instead. It ask for my microsoft account...
  4. New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account: I found a couple of threads about somewhat similar situations but, rather than forking those, thought i would start another thread. Just purchased a workstation on eBay that arrived with a digitally-activated copy of Windows 10 set up with a local administrator account. I...
  5. Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account

Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account: So basically I have recently bought a brand new PC. I have created an Installation media on my USB drive for Windows 10 installation. I have Windows 10 on my current PC that is linked to my Microsoft account. How would I transfer that licence to my new PC in order to...
  6. Trouble removing Microsoft account on new PC - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble removing Microsoft account on new PC - Windows 10: Hello, I recently bought a new PC and when setting it up connected to WiFi so it made me finish the set up using my Microsoft account. I prefer to use a local account as I have several PCs and they're all used for different things so I don't want them syncing settings or...
  7. New microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New microsoft account: I opened a new outlook email account because old email address has been compromised. And had to open a second outlook one to use as an alias so I can delete original account eventually. I also have a gmail account which I prefer not use it as main address. So three...
  8. Microsoft Account Activation Not working

Microsoft Account Activation Not working: My new computer just arrived and I have installed windows on the new computer and logged in with my Microsoft account. If I go to the Microsoft profile website it shows that my computer is linked to my Hotmail account. Microsoft Device List (On Website)...
  9. Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sync not working: Was having Account Sync issues, wallpaper not syncing. All sync settings enabled in settings so I ran the troubleshooter - [ATTACH] "There might be an Internet connection problem or the service may not be available. Please check your Internet connection and try again."...
  10. Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account: I keep getting asked to log into an account that I no longer have for Microsoft. I thought when a support staff person help me switch to the new account that the old one was going to either be deleted or would be merged with me new account. But Microsoft continues to ask me...