Windows 10: New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10

Discus and support New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I noticed other Windows accounts I had didnt appear in the login screen. I tried rebooting, disabling fast startup, to no avail. I restored a restore... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by antonio3535, Jan 11, 2021.

1. New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10

I noticed other Windows accounts I had didnt appear in the login screen. I tried rebooting, disabling fast startup, to no avail. I restored a restore point from a week ago and it was fixed. However: I needed a added a new Microsoft account I needed and signed into it OK, but when I sign out and sign in again, the screen gets black and nothing happens. I tried removing and re-adding the account to no avail. Ive upgraded from 2004 to 20H2 to no avail.
    I tried adding that same Microsoft account on another PC and it works fine.

I noticed all these profiles under C:\users

Any advice much appreciated

:)

antonio3535, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10

1. New Microsoft account not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft account working

2. Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account: I recently re-installed Windows on my computer after a hardware change and I created my user account with a different Microsoft account than what was on my old install. Now, when I try to activate Windows 10 with my old product key, I get error 0xc004c060 "Unable to activate...
  3. Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account: I recently re-installed Windows on my computer after a hardware change and I created my user account with a different Microsoft account than what was on my old install. Now, when I try to activate Windows 10 with my old product key, I get error 0xc004c060 "Unable to activate...
  4. Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Microsoft account: My granddaughter was given a new laptop for Christmas. We've set up a new ID *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and gone through the Parental Support setup, but the logon / password only returns us to the laptop homescreen - we have no access to Settings?** Moved...
  6. Microsoft account login not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login not working in Windows 10: Hi,I recently got a new laptop and it's been set up with a local account OS is Windows 10 64 bit, but every time I try to login to my Microsoft Account in the local profile, after entering a verification code Windows asks for my Microsoft account password which is exactly the...
  7. Microsoft store not working on new account.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store not working on new account.: Hello, my microsoft store instantly closes upon being opened on my second account for my pc. The weird bit is that on my main user which is the one im typing on, it works perfectly fine. I could tell my new user was going to be buggy, for starters, theres a black screen for...
  8. New Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Microsoft account: I just created a new Microsoft account because I can no longer access my old one. There is no way for me to log in. I've contacted support and they couldn't help me either. They told me after 2 years of inactivity the account will be deleted automatically. My new account is...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working: I just realized that I cannot sign in using Microsoft Account on my Microsoft Store and Windows 10 and even Cortana. Currently it is using a Local Account instead. On Change Account Settings, I click on Sign in with Microsoft Account instead. It ask for my microsoft account...
  10. New microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New microsoft account: I opened a new outlook email account because old email address has been compromised. And had to open a second outlook one to use as an alias so I can delete original account eventually. I also have a gmail account which I prefer not use it as main address. So three...