Windows 10: New microsoft account

Discus and support New microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I opened a new outlook email account because old email address has been compromised. And had to open a second outlook one to use as an alias so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DHBR3353, Dec 27, 2019.

1. DHBR3353 Win User

New microsoft account

I opened a new outlook email account because old email address has been compromised. And had to open a second outlook one to use as an alias so I can delete original account eventually. I also have a gmail account which I prefer not use it as main address. So three questions. I do not intend to use the alias for anything but this purpose but my "Microsoft Administration," on my computer seems to have picked up the alias as my default account. Is that a problem? How do I change that to my new main Microsoft account address that I set up first if it is necessary? And lastly, does each email address come with it's own, "microsoft account or can I choose the one I want and put all three email address under one "Microsoft," account? Thanks in advance

:)

DHBR3353, Dec 27, 2019

2. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 27, 2019
  4. New microsoft account

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

New microsoft account

1. New microsoft account - Similar Threads - microsoft account

2. Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?: I first noticed this a year ago when someone managed to hack in to my gmail account and from there they got my Microsoft account password as well as a bunch of others..including my banking...it caused me all kinds if grief...I resolved all of this by changing all my passwords...
  3. Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?: I first noticed this a year ago when someone managed to hack in to my gmail account and from there they got my Microsoft account password as well as a bunch of others..including my banking...it caused me all kinds if grief...I resolved all of this by changing all my passwords...
  4. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.: Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed the harddrive and mounted it to be copied to my new computer. When opening the windows explorer screen, I see it is working...
  5. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.: Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed the harddrive and mounted it to be copied to my new computer. When opening the windows explorer screen, I see it is working...
  6. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft Account is difficult to work with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account is difficult to work with: I have two email addresses, and not long ago, I was having trouble logging in to my MS Account. All previous MS emails were going to one address, so I changed my profile to reflect this, and got a confirmationSomething is now messed up, as when I tried to log in, first the...
  8. Microsoft Account is difficult to work with

Microsoft Account is difficult to work with: I have two email addresses, and not long ago, I was having trouble logging in to my MS Account. All previous MS emails were going to one address, so I changed my profile to reflect this, and got a confirmationSomething is now messed up, as when I tried to log in, first the...
  9. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  10. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new microsoft account