Windows 10: New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Discus and support New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft continues on its steady path toward compliance with the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Today we are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Source: Microsoft begins new EU GDPR parental consent verifications for children's accounts - Microsoft on the Issues

New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Apr 10, 2018

2. How do i change the DOB (date of birth/birthdate) for a child account through the parent account? How do you do Option 3?

Hi,

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online. Here is what
    to do when you are a parent trying to change your child's birth date:

• Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your
      Family
      page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Select Manage my child's profile info.
    • For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

For additional help, you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Regards.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Paul Bab Win User
    Games for Windows Live Gamertag

As per Xbox's Terms of Use and Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), a parental email account is required if a Microsoft account is registered below 18 years old. If you can't complete parental consent when creating an Xbox Live child account,
    you may click this
    link
    and perform the solutions provided. Make sure that the parental account is registered atleast 18 years old.

Also, a parental account can add a child account online by clicking this
    link

In addition, you may also create a new Microsoft account
    here

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Paul Bab, Apr 10, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Interesting the fee is non refundable.

PayPal (for example) take a random amount (of less than €1) from your card as proof of identity and then refund the same amount straight back to your card (here in France anyway). This procedure is fairly common.

I wonder why MS decided to keep it. Perhaps I can buy something from their store for $0.50 for my (one) child but presumably they are counting on people just not reclaiming it.

I don't begrudge $0.50 - it just seems a bit petty really.

Thema:

1. New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications - Similar Threads - Microsoft children accounts

2. Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.: I tried to sign in to the web page to download the installer, but I couldn't sign in. The problem is as shown in the picture.* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.: I tried to sign in to the web page to download the installer, but I couldn't sign in. The problem is as shown in the picture.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. ERROR: Confirm parental consent for Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ERROR: Confirm parental consent for Microsoft account: I have two separate accounts for my children, using Google gmail addresses. Over the past two months, I have received multiple emails for both asking me to confirm my consent otherwise my kids will lose access to their accounts.I have used MULTIPLE Windows PC browsers over...
  5. ERROR: Confirm parental consent for Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR: Confirm parental consent for Microsoft account: I have two separate accounts for my children, using Google gmail addresses. Over the past two months, I have received multiple emails for both asking me to confirm my consent otherwise my kids will lose access to their accounts.I have used MULTIPLE Windows PC browsers over...
  6. ERROR: Confirm parental consent for Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Parental consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental consent: We opened a new account for my daughter. When I try to give parental consent to finish setting up her account, I try to log in and it says "Somethings wrong, its not you its us"...
  8. Parental consent?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Parental consent?: Why would I be asked for parental permission to download apps onto my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-consent/97b5bce2-1eb2-49d8-9177-e39996260e8f
  9. Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.: I recently left a family to switch my account to a adult account. However, when I open certain applications, I still require parental consent. Can someone help me fix this problem?...
  10. Microsoft commitment to EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft commitment to EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): On Friday, May 25, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation — better known as GDPR — officially takes effect. GDPR is an important step forward for privacy rights in Europe and around the world, and we’ve been enthusiastic supporters of GDPR since it was first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re GDPR child account verification