Windows 10: New Microsoft Edge Browser WU - no choice?

Discus and support New Microsoft Edge Browser WU - no choice? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Today on 2 PCs there was an Update to install the new MS Edge browser. Both systems on metered connection settings (soft setting - not registry edit),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TV2, Jun 27, 2020.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

New Microsoft Edge Browser WU - no choice?

Today on 2 PCs there was an Update to install the new MS Edge browser. Both systems on metered connection settings (soft setting - not registry edit), it downloaded and installed in the background - no warning.

Installed successfully on one PC, unsuccessful on the laptop. No surprise, I was doing network system settings changes when I went to restart and saw the message "configuring updates".

Not impressed.

:)

2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Sharyn698 Win User
    Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. New Microsoft Edge Browser WU - no choice? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Browser

2. New KB gives new WU choice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New KB gives new WU choice.: 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305With the above comes a new toggle...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-kb-gives-new-wu-choice/84df03b4-154b-4a95-ac7a-207c8e291f63
  3. New KB gives new WU choice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New KB gives new WU choice.: 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305With the above comes a new toggle...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-kb-gives-new-wu-choice/84df03b4-154b-4a95-ac7a-207c8e291f63
  4. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  5. How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choice ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choice ?: How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ? When Edge Chromium is also installed , I can choose between 3 browsers , when looking in the standard browsers ; IE11 , Edge Legacy ( recommended) , Edge . The point is , Edge Legacy does not function anymore , its been...
  6. New Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge browser: Since installing the new Edge browser my text size seems to have gone smaller and is fuzzy and difficult to read. I have the same problem now when I use other browsers as well as the new Edge browser. Needless to say I had no problems before installing the new browser....
  7. new edge browser

new edge browser: where can i download the new microsoft browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/5a51e5f6-fae5-46ff-bd65-d089589c5778
  8. the new edge browser

the new edge browser: When is the new Edge Browser coming out? I think its called Edge Chromium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-edge-browser/edb59077-f0f0-4273-9882-da776bc9e220
  9. new edge browser

new edge browser: should i update to the new edge browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/6713934b-dc8b-4a84-afe0-2aa9a5183822
  10. Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium-based version of the Microsoft Edge browser has seen some notable changes. All these changes are designed to enhance your productivity and increase the utility of the browser. There’s a new ‘Browser Task Manager’ that has been added to [...]...