Windows 10: New Microsoft Edge has a game changing feature. Turning a website into an "app".

Discus and support New Microsoft Edge has a game changing feature. Turning a website into an "app". in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today I created a Monday account to track some data science courses and readings I want to do. I really enjoyed the Monday interface to track progress... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jaskeil_113, Oct 29, 2019.

1. New Microsoft Edge has a game changing feature. Turning a website into an "app".

Today I created a Monday account to track some data science courses and readings I want to do. I really enjoyed the Monday interface to track progress on projects, I thought to myself "Hm, this would be great if Microsoft had it in their app store." I took a look and to no surprise it was not there.

However! I discovered Microsoft Edge Chromium has a feature where you can convert a website to an "app". You can find this if you go to the top right of your browser>click on Apps> click on Install this Site as an App.

Once you do that it converts the website to something that feels like a windows UWP app and you can pin it to your start menu and taskbar with the Icon of the website included. See at the bottom left of my task bar, it included the Monday logo.

submitted by /u/jaskeil_113
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jaskeil_113, Oct 29, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge audio issue with a website (and perhaps others?)

Thanks for the suggestion Melowin. I followed the steps but unfortunately this did not resolve the audio issue for the website Learn English Pronunciation | How To Pronounce Words. Still no audio.

In contrast the website HowToPronounce.com: Click, Hear & Learn Pronunciation I mentioned in my original posting was not impacted by this change either.

Kevin Kramer, Oct 29, 2019
  4. New Microsoft Edge has a game changing feature. Turning a website into an "app".

Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

New Microsoft Edge has a game changing feature. Turning a website into an "app".

1. New Microsoft Edge has a game changing feature. Turning a website into an "app". - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge has

2. Windows 10 to get a new web apps feature in Chrome and Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to get a new web apps feature in Chrome and Microsoft Edge: In 2020, Microsoft confirmed that it has been exploring support for protocol handlers for progressive web apps (PWAs) to improve the overall experience on Windows 10. The feature is currently available for testing behind an experimental flag “Desktop PWA URL handling” in all...
  3. How to turn off Microsoft Edge website push notifications

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Microsoft Edge website push notifications: Push notifications help you get unseen notifications from a particular website on your desktop. However, if you want to turn off Microsoft Edge pop-up push notifications, then you can do so using the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. Let’s assume that you do...
  4. New shopping features for Microsoft Edge and Bing

in Windows 10 News
    New shopping features for Microsoft Edge and Bing: The end of the year is almost here and for me it’s a time to reflect on everything our team has accomplished, celebrate successes and prepare for the year ahead. We launched the new Microsoft Edge last January and since that time we’ve come a long way...
  5. Microsoft Edge gets a new game and security feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge gets a new game and security feature: Beginning February 26, Microsoft said it will begin replacing the classic Edge with the new Edge on PCs in Release Preview Ring of the Insider program. After beta testing the Edge update with Insiders, consumers will get it later this year and businesses will have a choice of...
  6. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers: It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome. After adding an improved version of Find box to...
  7. Microsoft disabled these Chromium Services & Features in new Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft disabled these Chromium Services & Features in new Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has started rolling out Chromium based Edge for Canary and Developer builds. Using Chromium as the base, Edge should work much faster, and not to forget will also support Chrome extensions. However, to our surprise, Microsoft has disabled many [...]...
  8. Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On: Microsoft Edge must have VPN on to connect to websites. Firefox and Chrome on the same PC are operating OK with or without VPN. The problem started after the latest Windows 10 feature update (1803). This appears to be a BUG with Edge....
  9. New Edge Feature

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Feature: Not sure when this was added (might have been the most recent Edge update), but they now have a "Do not allow this site to open more dialogs" checkbox so those input hijacking websites that claim to be a virus, or from Microsoft can no longer be permanently locked out. It...
  10. Change about:flags Settings and Features in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change about:flags Settings and Features in Microsoft Edge: How to: Change about:flags Settings and Features in Microsoft Edge How to Reset and Change Microsoft Edge about:flags Settings and Features in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family....