Windows 10: New Microsoft Edge 'resolving host' problem

Discus and support New Microsoft Edge 'resolving host' problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been on the new Edge for just over a week now - Version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit) and I'm constantly seeing a 'resolving host'... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Peter B, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Peter B Win User

New Microsoft Edge 'resolving host' problem

I've been on the new Edge for just over a week now - Version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit) and I'm constantly seeing a 'resolving host' message, usually followed by a 'hmmm, we can't seem to find that page' screen, before the destination page eventually appears.

I've tried flushing the DNS, but the problem recurs.

Is there anything else that I can try, please?

(My laptop is connected via Ethernet Cable to my Router and Edge is the only Browser I've ever used - I haven't encountered this problem until I switched recently)

:)

Peter B, Jan 30, 2020

2. resolve host

been getting that annoying 'resolving host' flash in chrome,,not in edge or explorer. all fix suggestions i've found on the net have not helped. any answers?,,,running windows 10

thanx

larryofnewyork, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 30, 2020
  4. New Microsoft Edge 'resolving host' problem

Problems with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand your inconvenience and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

This issue might occur due to some corruption with the Microsoft Edge.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser.

Please follow the steps below to restart Microsoft Edge:

• Open Task Manager.

• Right click on Microsoft Edge.

• From the jump menu click on go to details.

• Select microsoftedge.exe and click end task.

• Select microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.

• Restart your Computer.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2:DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management)

Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

New Microsoft Edge 'resolving host' problem

1. New Microsoft Edge 'resolving host' problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge 'resolving

2. microsoft script host how to resolve this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft script host how to resolve this: HelloI have been getting this pop up lately every like 1 to 2 mins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-script-host-how-to-resolve-this/bf6b765b-f1b3-4fa6-a58a-de82dd3287db
  3. resolving host

in Windows 10 Customization
    resolving host: resolving host---need details how to solve---simple man have to have details---one finger operator---windows 10---Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolving-host/266d0b52-d50e-4ce1-ad1d-8fa4e451ecf0
  4. Resolving host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resolving host: Laptop HP envy Ver1903 is taking ages to connect to website (also takes ages using MS Edge) with the message 'Resolving Host' displayed in the bottom left hand corner. Sometimes it will connect after a while others it goes on forever. Rebooting sometimes solves the problem....
  5. Resolving host

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolving host: Laptop HP envy Ver1903 is taking ages to connect to website (also takes ages using MS Edge) with the message 'Resolving Host' displayed in the bottom left hand corner. Sometimes it will connect after a while others it goes on forever. Rebooting sometimes solves the problem....
  6. Resolving host

in Browsers and Email
    Resolving host: This message appears in the lower left of my browser very frequently. Why, and what can be done about it? 153201
  7. Resolving host

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolving host: This message appears in the lower left of my browser very frequently. Why, and what can be done about it? 153201
  8. Resolving host ?

Resolving host ?: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) I frequently encounter this. It was there for some time while writing this. What is it and can I avoid it? 151913
  9. resolve host

resolve host: been getting that annoying 'resolving host' flash in chrome,,not in edge or explorer. all fix suggestions i've found on the net have not helped. any answers?,,,running windows 10 thanx...
  10. Resolving Host

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolving Host: Getting a lot of Resolving Host problems lately, Broadband supplier says no problem their end. 50538