Windows 10: New Microsoft Home/Pro license will work on my 2nd PC/Laptop?

Discus and support New Microsoft Home/Pro license will work on my 2nd PC/Laptop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If I have a laptop currently, and looking to purchase a windows home/pro package, if I purchase a new laptop one-two year down the line, will I be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DibyenduSaha425, May 18, 2020.

1. New Microsoft Home/Pro license will work on my 2nd PC/Laptop?

If I have a laptop currently, and looking to purchase a windows home/pro package, if I purchase a new laptop one-two year down the line, will I be able to re-use the same license again?

Also, If I can re-use the same license again, will my old laptop license expire?

:)

DibyenduSaha425, May 18, 2020
  2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, May 18, 2020
  3. Transferring Pro License to New Laptop

The Activation troubleshooter doesn't seem to allow me to transfer my Pro license from my old laptop to my new (even though the license is shown in my Microsoft account, and I can select it). When buying a new machine, are we FORCED to use the crappy pre-installed
    Home Signature version it came with? I'm not paying for a Pro version AGAIN - I want to use the one I bought, on just my one new laptop. Help?

One additional comment: The old laptop is going to have Linux Mint installed on it - and the new one is too, if I can't get my license fixed for Pro.

YoMamasBoots, May 18, 2020
  4. New Microsoft Home/Pro license will work on my 2nd PC/Laptop?

Andre Da Costa, May 18, 2020
Thema:

New Microsoft Home/Pro license will work on my 2nd PC/Laptop?

1. New Microsoft Home/Pro license will work on my 2nd PC/Laptop? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Home Pro

2. My Windows 10 Pro license does not work on my new PC windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 Pro license does not work on my new PC windows 11: Hi,I have purchased a while ago a Windows 10 PRO license. I have a new PC now with Windows 11 and I am trying to activatre the same license but it does not work.What can I do?Thanks,Diana....
  3. My Windows 10 Pro license does not work on my new PC windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 Pro license does not work on my new PC windows 11: Hi,I have purchased a while ago a Windows 10 PRO license. I have a new PC now with Windows 11 and I am trying to activatre the same license but it does not work.What can I do?Thanks,Diana....
  4. Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?: Completer motherboard failure on an older PC 10 years. Figuring new board, CPU, DDR, etc., getting a Dell XPS 8940 via Costco. Good hardware, Windows Home 10. I do have the license information on my old PC Windows 10 Pro. I have a home network using Windows Server Essentials...
  5. Will my Windows 10 Pro license transfer to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will my Windows 10 Pro license transfer to a new pc?: Hello.I'm planning on buying a new laptop in a few days and leaving this old one to my brother. I'm logged with an outlook account and have Windows 10 Pro. My question is: The new device comes with Windows 10 home installed, so when I get the new device and log in with my...
  6. Downgrade win 10 pro to home on 2nd hand laptop

Downgrade win 10 pro to home on 2nd hand laptop: I bought a second hand laptop which was advertised with 10 Pro. When I got it, it wasn't activated and the seller didn't have the code. I bought a genuine copy of 10 Home and then did a full reset. Unfortunately every time it gets to the "ready to install page" it shows...
  7. Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license: I have a question in regards to migrating windows licenses between laptops. My current laptop has a windows 10 pro license on it. I'm planning to purchase a new laptop that has a windows 10 home license on it. Is it possible to switch licenses around between two different...
  8. Windows 10 Home license on new laptop

Windows 10 Home license on new laptop: I have an existing Windows 10 Home license I double checked, and it has a product key which came with my desktop. Early this week I bought a laptop, and have managed to link / use this same license for the laptop. I factory reset the desktop and also removed the desktop...
  9. Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop

Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop: Hello, I have two laptops, both came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and activated. I applied my Windows 10 Pro key to one of them but now I'd like to move this license. Is it possible to do it and keep my pre-installed Windows 10 Home on the first laptop and re-use this...
  10. My Pro license got changed to Home?

My Pro license got changed to Home?: So today I made my monthly full format to my PC and I couldn't activate my license (which automatically gets activated since it's a digital license). When I clicked troubleshoot, it said that I was running Pro while my license was Home. I unplugged and plugged in some SATA...