Windows 10: New Microsoft Keyboard Stopped Working

Discus and support New Microsoft Keyboard Stopped Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been away for about a week and my Microsoft keyboard less than a year old would not type when I tried to log in. Had to get another keyboard.In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by McG123abc, Aug 3, 2021.

1. McG123abc Win User

New Microsoft Keyboard Stopped Working

I have been away for about a week and my Microsoft keyboard less than a year old would not type when I tried to log in. Had to get another keyboard.In device manager I see "device descriptor request failed" and there was also a pop up that showed up and disappeared quickly that also told me there was an issue with the USB.I've tried multiple USB ports, rebooting, updating driver, deleting keyboard from device manager.While googling the question I saw someone get recommended to roll back windows update. Makes sense that it could be an update because I was away for a few days.But on the other

:)

McG123abc, Aug 3, 2021
  2. JP2016 Win User

Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, Aug 3, 2021
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    random keyboard keys stop working?

i went out today and everything was fine, i come home and three random keys stopped working, maybe more i havent noticed yet. the three key on the left side of the keyboard not working, the left shift stopped working, and the enter key stopped working, but the one on the numpad works fine. no one was home to use it, nothing spilled on it, i tried it on another computer and same deal. im gonna go buy a new one tomorrow but it makes me sad cause i loved this keyboard lol, microsoft ergonomic 4000. ill probably buy the same exact one if its in stock tomorrow, this one lasted or 4 years about. im just confused why three random keys spread out stopped working at the same time...seems very weird

OrbitzXT, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Booms Win User

Microsoft 5050 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Not Detected

Hi,
    I have a new Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard 2000 now.
    Tried what you suggested with an old keyboard, connected the new one and it's a bit better.
    I stll get an error saying the 'MKCHelper.exe' file is missing.
    I still can't uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Centre, as it says it is on the PC, but is not listed in the list of software to uninstall.
    When I slow the wheel scroll speed down, it works fine, but when I restart the PC I have to do it again, as it speeds up so much I can't control it.

Booms, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. New Microsoft Keyboard Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Keyboard Stopped

2. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Randomly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Randomly Stopped Working: I have had the same Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard for the last 5 months, and it has worked great! I have a Macbook Pro and connect the keyboard with the USB dongle. Unfortunately this week in the middle of typing something out, the keyboard completely stopped working. I have...
  3. Microsoft Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Keyboard stopped working: After a recent Win10 update my Microsoft keyboard stopped working. Uninstalled/re-Installed. Even bought a brand new keyboard and mouse and installed new software. No effect. My computer will not recognize the physical keyboard at all. After much digging it turns out that a...
  4. Microsoft Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard stopped working: After a recent Win10 update my Microsoft keyboard stopped working. Uninstalled/re-Installed. Even bought a brand new keyboard and mouse and installed new software. No effect. My computer will not recognize the physical keyboard at all. After much digging it turns out that a...
  5. Microsoft Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly

Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly: Hello Dear All, I'm experiencing a problem with my Microsoft Designer Keyboard, and in fact also the mouse from same bundle. Problem: MS Designer keyboard stops working and when i click on any key, the systems just stops for a few seconds and then it returnsRoot Cause...
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Stopped Working

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Stopped Working: My Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard has stopped working on my Lenovo T440p. The mouse and number pad still work fine. I cleaned the battery contact points, put in new batteries, rebooted, updated Windows, rebooted, tried a different USB port. Still nothing. There's no...
  8. MIcrosoft Sculpt Keyboard suddenly stopped working

MIcrosoft Sculpt Keyboard suddenly stopped working: Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped working. I have 2 and they both stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-keyboard-suddenly-stopped-working/ee5ec996-0e6b-4077-9581-dbbb8176b2f7
  9. New Keyboard, Microphone stopped working with Speakers[New Info]

New Keyboard, Microphone stopped working with Speakers[New Info]: I recently purchased a Pok3r keyboard, and now my USB microphone(AT2005USB) and my speakers (Bose Companion 5) refuse to work together. However, when I have my old keyboard plugged in, they work together just fine. My microphone has a way to listen to yourself while you...
  10. Microsoft keyboard stopped working in windows 10

Microsoft keyboard stopped working in windows 10: Hi all I have a Microsoft usb keyboard that has stopped working. When I turn on the PC it goes to the logon screen and I can type my password in. After that it will not work in any program. I can not type a thing. Wireless mouse is fine. I have tried virus scan......no...