Windows 10: New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar

Discus and support New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This matter has come up before, at that time focused on a 3rd party mouse, and hence dismissed as a non MS problem.Not so.My PC - Windows 10 latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by McQuistans at Home, Jun 30, 2022.

1. New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar

This matter has come up before, at that time focused on a 3rd party mouse, and hence dismissed as a non MS problem.Not so.My PC - Windows 10 latest updates - no 3rd party software, new clean build.Switching users with new Pro Intellimouse causes long login and frozen taskbar on second account.Revert to original Intellimouse and problem goes away.100% repeatable and reproduceable. Tried all available fixes - finally clean rebuild - same problem.Previous discussion 'Switching between user logins freezes taskbar' - a contributor suggested that it was because a 'lights.dll' was invoked and that i

:)

McQuistans at Home, Jun 30, 2022

2. Switching between user logins freezes taskbar

Brand new Alienware Aurora R12 - I have this same problem with both my Naga Pro mouse and my Huntsman TE keyboard. Through much trial and error, I narrowed it down to those 2 specific pieces of hardware. Other Razer peripherals I own do not cause this issue.

The problem occurs with either the Razer Naga Pro mouse OR the Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition are connected. When BOTH are connected, the problem is worse. Logging out before logging into a different account (slow user switching) will sometimes, not always, cause the same issue. I stopped using fast-user switching for now, which is a bit of an inconvenience.

Having Fast Startup enabled will occasionally (not always) cause the same problem at login after a startup. I disabled Fast Startup which eliminates this issue. Disabling fast startup is not an issue for me.

It is really irritating to spend this much money on (supposedly) quality peripherals only to be limited in my computing experience by (obviously) inferior products. Fast user switching is one of the hallmarks of Windows, yet Razer cannot seem to bring themselves to support it. Not to mention the aggravation and time wasted trying to figure out what the cause of the problem is.

HellboundHeathcliff, Jun 30, 2022
  3. MC^2 Win User
    Switching between user logins freezes taskbar

I upgraded to Windows 11 as well, but the problem manifest itself in a different way now. Taskbar doesn't freeze anymore, but my entire system freezes completely within a couple of minutes of me switching users and I have to hard reboot. Once I disable the usual HID device, it's all good.

4. New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar

Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar

1. New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar - Similar Threads - Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse

2. IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar: Split from this thread. Hello , McQuistans at HomeWelcome to Microsoft Community. Sorry for replying so late.Before we determine this is a Windows bug or not, I suggest you try again this mouse on another PC with Windows 10 latest version. If you encounter the same issue, I'm...
  3. IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar: Split from this thread. Hello , McQuistans at HomeWelcome to Microsoft Community. Sorry for replying so late.Before we determine this is a Windows bug or not, I suggest you try again this mouse on another PC with Windows 10 latest version. If you encounter the same issue, I'm...
  4. IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar: This matter has come up before, at that time focused on a 3rd party mouse, and hence dismissed as a non MS problem.Not so.My PC - Windows 10 latest updates - no 3rd party software, new clean build.Switching users with new Pro Intellimouse causes long login and frozen taskbar...
  6. New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Microsoft Pro IntellimMouse causes switching between user logins to freeze taskbar: This matter has come up before, at that time focused on a 3rd party mouse, and hence dismissed as a non MS problem.Not so.My PC - Windows 10 latest updates - no 3rd party software, new clean build.Switching users with new Pro Intellimouse causes long login and frozen taskbar...
  7. Switching between user logins freezes taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching between user logins freezes taskbar: The case: My wife and I share the same home PC for work, that we use independently throughout the day. We would like to be able to switch between our users without having to log out and close/reopen our respective documents and apps. Kinda like how it works on a Mac when you...
  8. How to easy switch between users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to easy switch between users: Hello, I have two users on my computer, me and my partner. We both stay signed in. How do we switch users without going to the Lock Screen and signing in again every time? We trust each other so there is no problem with security....
  9. Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...: Hi everyone, I have a new Microsoft account and want to change the account that I use to log into my Windows10 laptop to this new Microsoft account. I already found a pretty neat explanation on how to add a new local account, log into a Microsoft account on that and then...
  10. Issues switching between user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issues switching between user accounts: I share my laptop with my wife; I have an admin account and she is a standard user. We have a consistent but intermittent problem switching between user accounts using the fingerprint reader. Most of the time, one swipe of a finger properly changes accounts. At least every...