Windows 10: New Microsoft research shows people's online social circles riskier

Discus and support New Microsoft research shows people's online social circles riskier in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Bullying, unwanted contact and receiving unwelcome sexual images and messages were the most prominent risks in our latest digital civility research... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

New Microsoft research shows people's online social circles riskier

Source: People's online social circles are becoming riskier, new Microsoft research shows - Microsoft on the Issues

:)

Brink, Nov 13, 2018

2. People Hub's "What's New" feed not as social as expected

I'm excited about the People Hub, except for the content of the "what's new" feed. It contains so much news about things other than my friends. I'd really love to have a feed that really only contains news/updates about my friends. To me, that's
    what social means.

Other people out here sharing the same opinion?

Jarrichvdv, Nov 13, 2018
  3. People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Microsoft research shows Millennials encounter most risk online

Source: Millennials encounter the most risk online, new Microsoft research shows - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. New Microsoft research shows people's online social circles riskier - Similar Threads - Microsoft research shows

2. People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu: Why my app name in start menu is "ms-resource:AppListName" in start menu? i have been trying to restart app from settings, but did not work. [ATTACH]...
  3. Microsoft People is not showing up on Start?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft People is not showing up on Start?: I tried to reinstall Windows and also Reset Windows and when I update Microsoft People in Microsoft Store, People are not showing up on Start button? Is there a way to re-display Microsoft People? Thank you Microsoft for supporting this question!...
  4. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  5. Microsoft Circle

Microsoft Circle: How do I setup to use Circle and how do I use it … SIMPLE, PLEASE! None of the MS Gobble-de-goop! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-circle/f75b4cdf-e633-47e3-ae15-c4b273fc1059
  6. Microsoft Research Collage maker

Microsoft Research Collage maker: I purchased microsoft research collage maker years ago. I had to reboot my computer and when I did it erased all the apps. How do I get the real app back if I do not have the download information....
  7. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...
  8. New Microsoft research shows Millennials encounter most risk online

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft research shows Millennials encounter most risk online: [img] Millennials around the world — those between the ages of 18 and 34 — are exposed to the highest levels of online risk and suffer the most severe consequences from those risks when compared to other age groups, a new Microsoft study shows. In addition, once millennials...
  9. New Version of Microsoft People

New Version of Microsoft People: New Version of Microsoft People Available to download in the Store App Version 10.0.10811.0 46310
  10. Microsoft Research shows off e-ink “DisplayCover” concept

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Research shows off e-ink “DisplayCover” concept: We’ve gotta hand it to Microsoft for all the recent changes we’ve seen. Surely some haven’t been all popular when it comes to the mobile space, but the company’s aggressiveness in the software department is clearly something never seen before. Microsoft Research has also been...