Windows 10: New Microsoft Rollback Update Killed My PC

Discus and support New Microsoft Rollback Update Killed My PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Dell Desktop updated yesterday. I selected the US option for my keyboard option and then selected the Rollback option, but it only brought me back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robbyl, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Robbyl Win User

New Microsoft Rollback Update Killed My PC

My Dell Desktop updated yesterday. I selected the US option for my keyboard option and then selected the Rollback option, but it only brought me back to the Keyboard selection option. No matter what I did it would always bring me back to the Select Keyboard option. Finally I gave up and instead selected the option to shut down the PC. When I rebooted my Dell "All In One" desktop, I had a black screen with no curser. I knew the PC was on because I could hear it. I tried to shut it down and reboot right away 2 times to try and get the PC to diagnose the issue, but the screen is always black so I can't see what is going on. Tried to reboot and select the F8 key on the keyboard & nothing that I can see. I can't even try alt, control delete to get to the task manager. Even unplugged my mouse and keyboard and tried to reboot. Nothing! Can't even see to enter Safe Mode. I think this update killed my screen.

How do I fix this?

:)

Robbyl, Dec 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 killed my pc!

Hi Mike,

From the information you have provided, we're not sure if Windows logged in successfully after the upgrade. If Windows had gone to a black screen even before logging in to your user profile, we would have access to limited tools to troubleshoot this issue.
    So I would suggest you try these steps and check if they help:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
      • If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command in

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

If the above steps didn't help, then I would suggest you try the following steps and check:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Bennet Martin, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 31, 2020
  4. OSdevr Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

1. New Microsoft Rollback Update Killed My PC - Similar Threads - Microsoft Rollback Update

2. New Windows update is killing my RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Windows update is killing my RAM: So there was a mandatory update for my gaming PC, and the whole PC crashes after 5 Chrome tabs or Photoshop and Vegas Pro being open... My computer was able to handle GTA V and Fortnite being opened at the same time, now after a Windows update I couldn't stop, the whole PC...
  3. Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update killed my new PC: I got a new PC preloaded with Windows 11. It worked fine out of the box yesterday. Today, it auto installed updates and now it is a literal brick. I have zero input because all usb ports are dead. I can’t even get it to boot up in recovery mode. I can get to the Recovery...
  4. Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update killed my new PC: I got a new PC preloaded with Windows 11. It worked fine out of the box yesterday. Today, it auto installed updates and now it is a literal brick. I have zero input because all usb ports are dead. I can’t even get it to boot up in recovery mode. I can get to the Recovery...
  5. Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 11 Update killed my new PC: I got a new PC preloaded with Windows 11. It worked fine out of the box yesterday. Today, it auto installed updates and now it is a literal brick. I have zero input because all usb ports are dead. I can’t even get it to boot up in recovery mode. I am bumfuzzled. Hoe can I...
  6. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  7. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  8. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. This new Windows update has I think killed my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This new Windows update has I think killed my PC.: I had not installed Windows update for well over 2 weeks It takes a huge amount of your internet and I wanted that internet to play games. So one day yesterday I decided to install all the updates. The next day today when I open my computer, it does not work properly. The day...
  10. Windows updates are killing my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updates are killing my pc: Not only it takes forever it goes on a restart loop. I somehow found a way to reset it. This has been happening every time I update. I even turned off auto update but windows still forces the update somehow. submitted by /u/varman13 [link] [comments]...