Windows 10: New Microsoft sculpt Keyboard not connecting to win 10 PC

Discus and support New Microsoft sculpt Keyboard not connecting to win 10 PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have an New Sculpt keyboard and have completed all the required battery activation by removing strips. Have turned on the switches on the Key board... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paddyking, Feb 11, 2019.

1. paddyking Win User

New Microsoft sculpt Keyboard not connecting to win 10 PC

Have an New Sculpt keyboard and have completed all the required battery activation by removing strips.

Have turned on the switches on the Key board and underneath the mouse.

When I plug the dongle into the same socket as is working OK with the logitec keyboard.

Nothing happens,but Microsoft Transceiver is shown under devices.

I have the Logitec keboard still connected through another usb port so that I can operate the PC

Have switched the Keyboard and mouse on and off a few times.with no result.

Have all latest win 10 updates installed

What is the next step please

Cannot find any Category for Keyboard and Peripherals etc...hope this one is OK

:)

paddyking, Feb 11, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Keyboard Pictured

Microsoft is applying the design principles of its September-launched Sculpt Comfort desktop keyboard on a new product targeting Windows 8 tablet-docked desktops and notebooks, the Sculpt Mobile. Measuring 355 x 167 x 13 mm (WxDxH), and weighing 438 g, the Sculpt Mobile is a compact wireless keyboard that uses Bluetooth to talk to its host device. It features a compact 87-key QWERTY layout in a number of IMEs. Pictured below is the Japanese + English keyset. Powered by two AAA-size batteries, the Sclupt Mobile can work up to 5 months with typical usage before needing a battery replacement. It can maintain a range of 10 meters with its included USB Bluetooth dongle, which can vary, if using the tablet's in-built Bluetooth transceiver. Slated for November 2, the Sculpt Mobile is expected to be priced at 4,935 JPY (US $63).

New Microsoft sculpt Keyboard not connecting to win 10 PC 102a_thm.jpg

New Microsoft sculpt Keyboard not connecting to win 10 PC 102b_thm.jpg

Source: Hermitage Akihabara

btarunr, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center no longer finds my Sculpt Ergo Desktop in Win 10

The issue that you have encountered is kind of unusual since the hardware still works though it shows undetected from the app. To troubleshoot, we suggest that you follow these steps:

Option 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter
    and check if it will resolve the issue with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.

Option 2: Manually install the latest drivers.

• Open the Device Manager and uninstall the mouse and keyboard drivers.
    • Install the latest driver using this link.
    • Once you are done, click the Scan for hardware changes icon and check if the issue will still persist.
    We'd also like to ask if you have tried uninstalling the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center to test if the Sculpt Ergo Desktop will still work without any issue.

Feel free to give us an update about the end result.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 11, 2019
  4. New Microsoft sculpt Keyboard not connecting to win 10 PC

Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke

Hello Kit,

An outdated or incompatible driver can be one of the possible factors why this issue occurs. That being said, I suggest you to Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check. Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + S on your keyboard.
    2. Type Troubleshoot and hit
      Enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen prompt.

Also suggest you to go the link below and download the latest drivers for the keyboard and see if it helps to resolve the issue:

Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as
    soon as I can.

Michelle Vil, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

New Microsoft sculpt Keyboard not connecting to win 10 PC

1. New Microsoft sculpt Keyboard not connecting to win 10 PC - Similar Threads - Microsoft sculpt Keyboard

2. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - WIN10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - WIN10: I have the Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard with Windows 10. I use it on 2 computers actually. For some reason, when I hold the shift button and type an abbreviation out, it makes one of the letters (in certain combinations) lowercase. If I have caps lock on, it will make one of...
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse problems

Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse problems: I am having major problems with the Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse combo sets. I'm an IT consultant and I have recommended several of these sets to customers. I would say that I have about an 80% failure rate with these devices. I've had to return them...
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard: Does anybody know if Microsoft developed a new software to enable people with disabilities to map keys to text input macros? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-ergonomic-keyboard/6d9aea3e-3ba0-426a-b76d-dcc9e7a494de
  5. How to assign Macros for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard

How to assign Macros for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard: Has anyone heard if Microsoft have updated software to be able to map keys to text input macros? Many users of assistive input tech. require these functions to overcome disabilities and repetitive strain injury. Have we made any progress? The old natural keyboard (with...
  6. microsoft sculpt USB connectivity

microsoft sculpt USB connectivity: Hello, I recently purchased a Microsoft Sculpt + mouse + number pad. Step 5 (in the instructions on the inside of the box lid) shows a little gizmo that plugs into the PC. (I assume it's a USB dongle for wireless connection to the PC.) My box doesn't have this, is it...
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse won't connect

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse won't connect: My Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse worked yesterday without any issue but today it won't connect. I have tried the following: - Turn laptop off and on - Turn mouse off and on - Removed device under bluetooth settings and tried to add device but never appeared - Removed...
  8. Microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting

Microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting: Hi, This problem has been driving me crazy for the past few days. Suddenly my keyboard and mouse are randomly disconnecting. I keep having to unplug it and plug it back in, sometimes 20 times before it starts to work again, sometimes just for a few seconds. When I tried...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad: My sculpt ergonomic keyboards and number pads changed performance recently. I suspect some change in Windows 10. Number keys stopped working regardless of Num Lock state. Calculator, / *, - + buttons work as expected. On keyboard, the first character typed does not always...
  10. microsoft sculpt desktop

microsoft sculpt desktop: Hello, I just purchased the Microsoft Sculpt Desktop with the separate numeric keypad, and the mouse and keyboard are working, but the separate numeric keypad is not working. I have turned the Fn key on the keypad to the left, and the numeric keypad has a battery in it that...