Windows 10: New Microsoft Security Signals study shows firmware attacks on rise

Discus and support New Microsoft Security Signals study shows firmware attacks on rise in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cybersecurity threats are always evolving, and today we’re seeing a new wave of advanced attacks targeting areas of computing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Security Signals study shows firmware attacks on rise

Read more: https://www.microsoft.com/security/b...ss-of-threats/

:)

Brink, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Study shows 5 out of 6 routers inadequately updated for security flaws

Read more:

Brink, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Study shows 5 out of 6 routers inadequately updated for security flaws

Read more:

Brink, Mar 30, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

1. New Microsoft Security Signals study shows firmware attacks on rise - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Signals

2. Monitors showing no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  3. Monitors showing no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  4. The rise of DuckDuckGo

in Browsers and Email
    The rise of DuckDuckGo: The rise of DuckDuckGo because of people doesn't want being tracking online. I still prefer Google what do you think guys? 184186
  5. Firmware is not showing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Firmware is not showing.: Firmware is not showing in device manager and still I haven't faced any problem, is there any problem may arise in future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-is-not-showing/8ecb92ca-c727-4dc8-b4d0-581fe5a7a0ef
  6. rise of nations, microsoft store, reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rise of nations, microsoft store, reinstall: how do i reinstall rise of nations on my windows 10 pc, i have the completed order # https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rise-of-nations-microsoft-store-reinstall/68d9565a-b65a-45fa-8d6e-900cbcbfd41f
  7. Sleep Study not showing % of battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Study not showing % of battery: Hello! Does anybody know why the powercfg sleep study does not display any of the % of battery? Here's how it looks like: [ATTACH] The report was generated with powercfg /SleepStudy /output "C:\sleep_report.html". I'm running a brand-new ThinkPad T14s / AMD Ryzen 7 and I...
  8. BIOS firmware / security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS firmware / security: How do I access my BIOS firmware to determine if my hardware initialization during the booting process, operating systems and programs are secure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-firmware-security/a5ab6872-7d40-4837-ab57-f9b3df346f7f
  9. Study shows 5 out of 6 routers inadequately updated for security flaws

in Windows 10 News
    Study shows 5 out of 6 routers inadequately updated for security flaws: A new study by a US consumer nonprofit has found that five out of six home routers are inadequately updated for security flaws, leaving the devices, and indirectly their users, vulnerable to hacking. Carried out by the American Consumer Institute (ACI), the study analyzed a...
  10. New Ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Ransomware attack: Only 5 days out and Win10 being screwed with. This link was in an E-Mail today: New Windows 10 scam will encrypt your files for ransom | ZDNet 12608