Windows 10: New Microsoft surface pro was set up with wrong username, not linked to my microsoft accoutn

Discus and support New Microsoft surface pro was set up with wrong username, not linked to my microsoft accoutn in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Bought a surface pro. In setting it up, somehow the username on the computer is wrong, and does not seem to be linked to my newly activated microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by erzotz, May 6, 2019.

1. erzotz Win User

New Microsoft surface pro was set up with wrong username, not linked to my microsoft accoutn

Bought a surface pro. In setting it up, somehow the username on the computer is wrong, and does not seem to be linked to my newly activated microsoft account. It will not accept any of the passwords that I have changed in the account.

I can't log in, I can't reboot, and all of the suggestions using letters the windows button, just place a bunch of letters in the password box which sends me to the instructions to change my password, yet again.

How can I get on this thing as set it up the right way?

Thank you.

:)

erzotz, May 6, 2019
  2. Octavean Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, May 6, 2019
  3. Ravenas Win User
    Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, May 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New Microsoft surface pro was set up with wrong username, not linked to my microsoft accoutn

Brink, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. New Microsoft surface pro was set up with wrong username, not linked to my microsoft accoutn - Similar Threads - Microsoft surface pro

2. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  3. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  4. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer Settings has Email wrong, but Microsoft link is correct.

Computer Settings has Email wrong, but Microsoft link is correct.: Hello,cmcelrath@_________ is an old email I no longer have access to. How do I remove this? When I click on Manage my Microsoft Account it goes to my correct email address account. When I click on Verify Identity it says "We couldn't sign you in......Sorry, there's a problem...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro Fan & Settings

Microsoft Surface Pro Fan & Settings: So recently, this computer Microsoft Surface Pro, pretty sure it's the name has been having a lot of lag issues. When I open certain programs, the PC slows down by a ton. I went to YouTube to search for the answer and found out that the fan could be the issue. Someone told me...
  7. New Laptop Accidentally Set Up With Wrong Microsoft Account

New Laptop Accidentally Set Up With Wrong Microsoft Account: I have just purchased a new HP laptop (Windows 10). During setup I accidentally used an existing family Microsoft Account; however this is mainly associated with my son’s Xbox Gold (account), thus when trying to access software like Outlook, etcetera they open up...
  8. PC set up with wrong Microsoft account

PC set up with wrong Microsoft account: Hi, My mum was trying to set up her new computer (Windows 10) and created a Microsoft account (not local). Then she realised that she could not log on to the computer and from what I could gather (I'm helping her remotely as I'm working overseas), I believe that she must...
  9. This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro: Microsoft is holding an event on Tuesday, May 23 in Shanghai, China where it will unveil a widely anticipated refresh of its Surface Pro 4 laptop-class Windows 10-powered tablet, known simply as the Surface Pro. But you won’t have to wait until then to check out the new model...
  10. Microsoft new Surface Pro 5 set for 1Q17 launch

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft new Surface Pro 5 set for 1Q17 launch: Microsoft is planning to launch its new Surface Pro 5 2-in-1 in the first quarter of 2017 which will feature an Ultra HD display and magnetic charging stylus, with Pegatron Technology to manufacture the device, according to a Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN)...