Windows 10: New Microsoft Update Bug?

Discus and support New Microsoft Update Bug? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have this ASPNetCore Application that uses MS Word AutomationYes I know my MS does not support this but this has been working forever. After MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alireza.K, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Alireza.K Win User

New Microsoft Update Bug?

I have this ASPNetCore Application that uses MS Word AutomationYes I know my MS does not support this but this has been working forever. After MS latest update the application stopped working with following error:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} as WEBSERVER/administrator. The error:

"2147942405"

Happened while starting this command:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE /Automation -Embedding

DCOM Object has all the permissions set correctly. The Identity is set to Local admin for test. The policy that prevent remote users being saved is disabled. And the same deployment works on any machine that does not have the update.

2147942405 seems to be Task Scheduler error and people in my company did tell me some of the scheduled tasks stopped working after the update and they had to redefine them. I'm not sure how related this may be?

:)

Alireza.K, Dec 17, 2020

2. What's going on with the new Win 10 update Microsoft?!?!?!

Hi Seth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to provide your feedback in feedback app and always check for any latest news on
    Home

To do so you can follow this below steps:

• Type “Windows Feedback” in the
      search
      box of Windows 10 system.
    • From the search results shown, select the option for Windows Feedback app and launch it.
    • As a mandatory step, please check the existing Windows 10 feedback reports and bug reports to make sure your identified issue or bug is not already present in them.
    • If your bug or feedback is already mentioned by someone else, you can click on the “Me too” option which informs Microsoft that even you have faced similar issue / bug.
    • In case of a new bug, feel elated that you found one and using the “New Feedback” option specify the relevant details clearly (possibly by making use of some screenshots for clarity).
    • Once you are sure that you have shared all possible details about the issue you found with some Windows 10 functionality or feature, click on the “Submit” option to share your valuable feedback with Microsoft.
    The above step-by-step guide on using Windows Feedback app will help you to report any new error or issue with the Microsoft Windows 10 Preview features.

Please feel free to share any issues that you may come across and may possibly have reported the same using this Feedback app.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 17, 2020
  3. OSdevr Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Dec 17, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. New Microsoft Update Bug? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update Bug

2. New Update bug maybe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Update bug maybe: Hi, I dont know if anyone else has this specific issue but I've been trying to fix it for two to three days now.I have an older hp pavilion 15, Intel corei5 7th gen that I use for projects that involve server communications and stuff, so basically it's a hub that I rely on...
  3. New Update bug maybe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Update bug maybe: Hi, I dont know if anyone else has this specific issue but I've been trying to fix it for two to three days now.I have an older hp pavilion 15, Intel corei5 7th gen that I use for projects that involve server communications and stuff, so basically it's a hub that I rely on...
  4. New Update bug maybe

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. A bug with a new update?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A bug with a new update?: Since the beginning of this month, I have started having an issue where my computer decides it wants to shut down on its own. I am pretty sure it's nothing hardware, as when it goes to shut down, it does it the correct way asking me to save my work, and certain things won't...
  6. A bug with a new update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A bug with a new update?: Since the beginning of this month, I have started having an issue where my computer decides it wants to shut down on its own. I am pretty sure it's nothing hardware, as when it goes to shut down, it does it the correct way asking me to save my work, and certain things won't...
  7. A bug with a new update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. New Microsoft Edge Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Microsoft Edge Bug: I've recently have encountered a bug in Microsoft Edge. So when I use Microsoft Edge and play audio from it, the audio will play but stops playing once I pause or close that tab. Yes, my PC audio still works but it's just that Microsoft Edge audio suddenly stops working...
  9. Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft acknowledges a new bug in Windows 10 October update: The most recent cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) is causing a series of new problems. On Saturday, Microsoft confirmed that Windows 10 update could break down the Start menu with a critical error and promised a fix in the coming weeks, but it...
  10. microsoft new update bugs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft new update bugs: hello! have a good day! i am facing some issues kindly help me to fix them. currently i have updated my window 10 version 1803 to 1809, because i was unable to to install updates in 1803 version and one of the independent advisor told me to do so and i successfully...