Windows 10: New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting

Discus and support New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So after getting all set up i reinstalled windows and completely formatted my HDD, got to desktop and updated my drivers and installed nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jlmcmillan93, Dec 16, 2020.

1. New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting

So after getting all set up i reinstalled windows and completely formatted my HDD, got to desktop and updated my drivers and installed nvidia experience so i restarted my pc for good measure but once i restart my pc doesnt seem to be booting from my HDD.

Ive tried changing to RAID from ACHI with no luck.

the only thing that seems to get me to desktop is to pull the CMOS battery and then manually click on the drive with WIN10 installed on it, then everything loads completely normally.

i5 10600K

2x 8GB RAM

Z490-Plus Wifi Mobo

1660 ti 6gb MSI

WIN 10 x64

This one is making me pull my hair out, if anyone knows why this is happening let me know! Thanks.

:)

jlmcmillan93, Dec 16, 2020

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Amol S. Win User
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Dec 16, 2020
  4. GSquadron Win User

New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting

Mobo + ram + cpu

Hi there!
    I am in search of a mobo, ram and cpu for 300$. Pls give me suggestion, from whatever store you find them. Best suggestion, is prized with a thank you *Roll Eyes New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting :rolleyes:

GSquadron, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting

1. New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting - Similar Threads - Mobo CPU RAM

2. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  3. Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade: Hello,I know it is recommended to do a clean install after a complete platform upgrade, but i would rather not do that at this moment in time.I recently upgraded my pc from a Ryzen 5 5600x, 32gb 2666mhz ddr4 and an asus ROG motherboard, to a Ryzen 9 7900, 32gb 5600mhz ddr5...
  4. Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade: Hello,I know it is recommended to do a clean install after a complete platform upgrade, but i would rather not do that at this moment in time.I recently upgraded my pc from a Ryzen 5 5600x, 32gb 2666mhz ddr4 and an asus ROG motherboard, to a Ryzen 9 7900, 32gb 5600mhz ddr5...
  5. Using Current SSD with New Mobo/CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Current SSD with New Mobo/CPU: I recently purchased an SSD which I cloned from an older HDD about two weeks ago. Now, I have purchased a bare-bones set-up that is a mobo and cpu upgrade - keeping the same video card. I have been researching about installing the current SSD with Windows 10 and all of my...
  6. "Windows is not activated" After installing new CPU/Mobo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Windows is not activated" After installing new CPU/Mobo: I upgrade my computer's CPU & Mobo from the AMD FX series, to the AMD Ryzen series. Prior to this, I did the typical back up of files and what not; because, I knew that I would obviously have to re-install windows. I created a windows boot disk to a USB stick, so now I'm...
  7. Random hard reboots after upgrading CPU, MOBO and RAMs (BugcheckCode 278, no BSODs).

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random hard reboots after upgrading CPU, MOBO and RAMs (BugcheckCode 278, no BSODs).: Hello. I recently upgraded my CPU, MOBO and RAMs. I also upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've enabled Game Boost & XMP profile in the BIOS and left all the other settings on optimized defaults. I'm having some weird issues with random hard reboots. Screen goes black...
  8. Activation failure after hardware changes. (cpu mobo ram)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation failure after hardware changes. (cpu mobo ram): Hello, I recently updated my hardware and I am now being asked to activate Windows. I do not have the product key from when I originally bought windows and the troubleshoot only recognises my MSI mobo (old one) not the Aorus (new one). However, my email address is linked...
  9. Windows key deactivated, after new mobo and cpu.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows key deactivated, after new mobo and cpu.: I get this message to activate windows but when I do it says that I "don't have a valid digital license or product key" error code 0x803f7001 70209
  10. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Or mobo ram slot problem: Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to...