Windows 10: New monitor: Dell 40" 5K2K or 38" 4K?

Discus and support New monitor: Dell 40" 5K2K or 38" 4K? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am deciding which one of these two monitors to get: The new Dell 5K2K 40" (U4021QW) which at 5120x2160 ends up with exact same PPI figure as 4K 32"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dictum, Jan 28, 2021.

1. dictum Win User

New monitor: Dell 40" 5K2K or 38" 4K?

I am deciding which one of these two monitors to get:
    The new Dell 5K2K 40" (U4021QW) which at 5120x2160 ends up with exact same PPI figure as 4K 32" model (UP3216Q) which is 140PPI, which is what I have and run at 125% scaling to get a reasonable size everything, and at 125%, if my math is correct, I end up with 111PPI.

The downside of the U4021WQ is it's pretty expensive at $2000.
    Or the new 38" 4K Dell which is 3840x1600 and ends up having 111 PPI, which is exactly the same resolution as my current U3216Q scaled at 125%, or Dell QHD such as 2560x1440 and 27" in size. Like Dell U2711 or U27xx.

If I can get good results from dell U4021QW at say 115%, not sure I want to scale it at 125%, I will get that, if not, then 38" monitor which I would run at 100%, as it ends up being same as 5K2K at 125%.

5K2K seems more tempting but the 38" 4K dell is about half the price. Not sure I could run 5K2K unscaled at 100% as it would end up tiny again, although I have ran my UP3216Q at 100% or 140PPI for a year until giving up and rescaling it.

:)

dictum, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Suman_B Win User

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi Sean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

May I know the Make and the Model of the Laptop?

Graphic card of the Laptop should be compatible with the 4k Monitor to play 4k Video

Refer this link to check the Compatibility list:
    Dell Compatibility list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 28, 2021
  3. gasolin Win User
    40" 4k (3840x2160) monitor

I wouldn't mind a 40" 4k (3840x2160) monitor for multitasking and casual gaming with an ips panel

It just seem to me that the only one is a philips BDM4065UCand i prefere someting from asus,acer,dell,lg

What choices do i have for a 40" 4k (3480x2160), i want an above gaming experince beside the resolution (might game in 1080 since i only have a gtx 1060 6gb) and size of the monitor i want lnput lag,responce time and ghosting to be so goodt that it's very good for casual gamers and okay for harcore gamers

max price used or new under 700€,800$

gasolin, Jan 28, 2021
  4. New monitor: Dell 40" 5K2K or 38" 4K?

Dell Monitor Camera

I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera.

Suggestions or am I asking the impossible.

SandyM-798, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

New monitor: Dell 40" 5K2K or 38" 4K?

1. New monitor: Dell 40" 5K2K or 38" 4K? - Similar Threads - monitor Dell 5K2K

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  6. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  7. Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?: Hi, everything in my build was upgraded last year except the graphics card which is still NVIDIA GTX760. I want to upgrade to a 4K monitor for my audio/video editing studio. Do I need to upgrade the graphics card in order to connect a 4K monitor and use its 4K resolution?...
  8. screen display on new 40" monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen display on new 40" monitor: I recently began using a 40" tv as my monitor. While trying to find the best display settings, my screen display now has a 4" strip of black on either side of the display. How do I get the display to return to full screen?...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...