Windows 10: New Monitor’s HDMI audio not working. Tried everything.

Discus and support New Monitor’s HDMI audio not working. Tried everything. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Dear redditors, I bought a new monitor yesterday online as a second screen to my ASUS laptop. However, after connecting it using a HDMI cable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jtan354, Jun 1, 2020.

1. New Monitor’s HDMI audio not working. Tried everything.

Dear redditors,

I bought a new monitor yesterday online as a second screen to my ASUS laptop. However, after connecting it using a HDMI cable the display seemed to work fine although there was no audio. The audio icon in the taskbar shows Intel(R) Display Audio. Was wondering if anyone can point out what’s wrong if you are free.

Things I have tried: 1. Going to device manager, and reinstalling the driver. 2. Using device manager to search for updates on the audio driver. 3. Installing realtek audio drivers from the official website. 4. Changing HDMI cables. 5. Using the built in audio troubleshooter from win10.

If it helps, when i am in the sound control panel testing the speakers, the green bar indicating sound actually goes up and down, but there is no sound.

Thanks in advance for anyone who might decide to offer some help. I would greatly appreciate it New Monitor’s HDMI audio not working. Tried everything. :)

submitted by /u/jtan354
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jtan354, Jun 1, 2020

2. HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

Thanks for the suggestions, Deepika. I have a Samsung SyncMaster HDTV monitor and a SHARP monitor. I'm trying to get audio on the Samsung HDTV. I'm not sure if you need an audio cable when connecting to the HDTV. Anyways, I kept it on the television. Either
    way, it doesn't work. I ran the troubleshooter, and there isn't any problems. I tested all the cables yesterday, and everything works as usual. How are the HDMI cables supposed to connect and work with video and audio? Is there a driver problem? I believe
    it might be because my monitor is in the DVI port, instead of an HDMI. This is why it's not detecting on the sounds/playback devices. Plugging an audio cable in the secondary monitor with VGA works, but using an HDMI for the television does not. Using VGA
    for the television does work with audio. Not sure what the problem is, or if I have to plug the audio cable in the HDTV at all. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

UPDATE: Figured out the problem, testing. The HDMI cable although supports audio and video, the DVI connector
    does not. Because of this, the computer detects it as a DVI connection. It instead uses the regular audio cable. The television, however, does not. It detects HDMI first, and uses that as as the audio. Since there is no coming through the DVI
    connector and instead coming through the audio cable, it won't play anything. This can be half solved by changing the source device (source>edit name) on the Samsung television to HDMI DVI. This, however, does not fix it, as sound still doesn't come out. The
    computer still has to be changed to be able to play audio properly. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

ThomasChen_395, Jun 1, 2020
  3. HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

This is complicated. I started out having a simple television monitor, connected to a VGA cable to my computer. Recently, I decided to have dual monitors. I got an HDMI cable and a HDMI to DVI converter because my computer doesn't have a HDMI port. After
    plugging everything in, setting up, I had two monitors: the television, and a secondary screen. Putting audio through right from the pc works, or simply plugging earphones into the audio jack on the computer. The television, however, does not play sound anymore.
    I updated, disabled, did everything for the drivers. Didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if I should still connect the audio cable from the television to the back of the computer, since HDMI cables support both audio and video. When I right click playback devices,
    and check disabled and disconnected devices, HDMI does not show up at all. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Do I need an audio cable, or is the HDMI cable enough?

I'm currently using the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on an HP Pavilion Desktop Computer.

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated!

ThomasChen_395, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Grings Win User

New Monitor’s HDMI audio not working. Tried everything.

HDMI for audio only - force a super low resolution?

Is this with a monitor or with the tv listed in your specs?

If its with the tv have you tried plugging the computer into 1 hdmi on the tv, the amp into another and send the audio to the amp via hdmi-arc (audio return channel)?

Grings, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

New Monitor’s HDMI audio not working. Tried everything.

1. New Monitor’s HDMI audio not working. Tried everything. - Similar Threads - Monitor’s HDMI audio

2. Audio is not working when connecting to monitor via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is not working when connecting to monitor via HDMI: I bought a new monitor and set it up via HDMI once I've changed the sounds to the relevant monitor output wasn't working I disabled the other drivers deleted the drivers and restarted even rollback to a previous one Still NO Luck when I check in event viewer NVIDIA AUTIO...
  3. Audio is not working when connecting to monitor via HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is not working when connecting to monitor via HDMI: I bought a new monitor and set it up via HDMI once I've changed the sounds to the relevant monitor output wasn't working I disabled the other drivers deleted the drivers and restarted even rollback to a previous one Still NO Luck when I check in event viewer NVIDIA AUTIO...
  4. HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker: Hi guys, anyone know how can i use hdmi audio when i connects to a monitor without audio? Iss there a setting to set it manually either on win 10 settings or nvidea. Control panel? submitted by /u/fetpotatoh [link] [comments]...
  5. No monitor audio through Displayport, HDMI audio works perfectly fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No monitor audio through Displayport, HDMI audio works perfectly fine.: Recently, my monitor stopped outputting sound through Displayport. It worked for a long time, but it just randomly stopped one day. It works completely fine through my HDMI cable, though. I have made sure everything is enabled, I have updated all of my drivers, I have...
  6. Audio simply not working, after trying everything possible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio simply not working, after trying everything possible.: I just recently got a new mobo, installed all of this drivers, updated audio drivers, reinstalled them, tried different drivers, Nothing. When I play audio, my Playback recognizes the sounds and has the level of sound move accordingly, but I am not hearing any of it. I...
  7. Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only.: I am running an AORUS Z390 PRO mobo, i9-9700k and 2060Super. I can't seem to get any audio to play out of my monitor speakers yes it does have speakers the audio works fine out of every other audio output lineout and headphone but for some reason monitor sound doesn't. It...
  8. Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING: Hey guys, so I was using my laptop this afternoon and went out for a walk. When I came back, my audio wasn't working at all. At first the toolbar audio icon said there is no audio devices, so I did some tweaking and looking at videos and fixed that. However, there is still no...
  9. acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio: I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am at my wits end. HELP!...
  10. Monitor HDMI's not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor HDMI's not working: I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, sorry if it's not. My grandma has a 50" 1080P LG flatscreen TV that's just a few years old, and a year or two back the HDMI's stopped working so she's just been using the three input adapter (not sure what it's called. Green,...