Windows 10: New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10?

Discus and support New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded the motherboard and CPU now I cannot boot directly into Windows 10 from my ssd that it was installed on. But I can manually boot from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Youngster2016, Mar 9, 2019.

1. New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10?

I upgraded the motherboard and CPU now I cannot boot directly into Windows 10 from my ssd that it was installed on. But I can manually boot from the bios. the SSD is on the boot priority as first, but still not working. Do I have to do some windows recovery or something? I also do not have my product key on hand or a recovery disk of any sort.

:)

Youngster2016, Mar 9, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 9, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 9, 2019
  4. New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10?

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10?

1. New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10? - Similar Threads - motherboard CPU Need

2. Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU: So I upgraded my computer from a old MSI Z97-G43 motherboard, an Intel Core i5 4460 CPU and 16Go of DDR3 RAM to a Ryzen 5 7600 CPU, a Asus Prime B650-Plus motherboard an 16Go of DDR5 RAM.The first thing I did was updating the bios.Then I made a bootable usb key with the...
  3. Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU: So I upgraded my computer from a old MSI Z97-G43 motherboard, an Intel Core i5 4460 CPU and 16Go of DDR3 RAM to a Ryzen 5 7600 CPU, a Asus Prime B650-Plus motherboard an 16Go of DDR5 RAM.The first thing I did was updating the bios.Then I made a bootable usb key with the...
  4. Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD

Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD: Hello, i am having issues installing windows 10 on my PC. I got a new motherboard a ASrock b250m performance and i kept my same CPU a i3-6100 3.7 eith TDP 51. My HDD is Sata 7200rpm. My ram is a corsair vengeance 16 2x8gb DDR4 2400mghz. I run my windows 10 media tool off my...
  6. Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu

Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu: Can I use the same windows install on my hard drive with a new mother board and cpu? The license key wont be an issue. Do I need a fresh windows install? Thanks!...
  7. Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!: Im installing a new motherboard along with new ram and cpu. Im keeping the same hard drive(s) but i am doing a clean install. My question is will my windows 10 key still work? I heard with new hardware it doesnt activate properly. thanks in advance for any help!...
  8. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard

Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard: Hello everyone, I'm getting new Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-ZA170 Gaming K3-EU) and new SSD (SanDisk 120GB) tommorow. I've had Windows 10 x64 installed on my HDD until now and I'm planning to clean install it onto my SSD and remove it from HDD and use my HDD for pictures,...
  9. New motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard and CPU: Ok I think I am having to give up on what on earth is wrong with my Ivy Bridge build (2012) and replace the board (and CPU) with either of these Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming3 ATX 1151 Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming3 | shopping express online (impressive price) or Gigabyte...
  10. New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N

New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N: Running Windows 10 Pro Build 10166 Got a new Motherboard coming this week to upgrade my system the Motherboard is the only thing i am changing. Would you do a clean install using an ISO or use the Recovery option in Windows 10 to do a clean install or just power it up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CLEAN INTALL WINDOWS 10 WITH NEW MOTHERBOARD AND CPU

2. cannot boot into windows 10 new motherboard

3. new motherboard require fresh install?

4. install new motherboard and cpu,
  5. Is a fresh install of windows 10 needed with a new motherboard