Windows 10: new motherboard and new drive

Discus and support new motherboard and new drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to get all the file icons back in the list for easy acces from F:// drive (my old drive)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pristar123, Dec 16, 2018.

1. new motherboard and new drive

How to get all the file icons back in the list for easy acces from F:// drive (my old drive)

:)

Pristar123, Dec 16, 2018

2. Reactivating Windows 10 with new motherboard

Plugging it into the new motherboard should be enough, but create a recovery drive in case you need to perform a startup repair:

The fact that you don't have a license key concerns me. If Windows 10 came preinstalled on your computer, you can't transfer it to a new computer or motherboard. You will need to purchase an entirely new license.

Learn more about transferring licenses:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Tbearr Win User

new motherboard and new drive

Moving C Drive to a new motherboard

Hello,

I am downsizing my motherboard to a smaller form factor motherboard. Will my C drive Windows 10 Home software boot and work on the new motherboard?

Tbearr, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

new motherboard and new drive

1. new motherboard and new drive - Similar Threads - motherboard drive

2. hi I have a gigabyte motherboard model B560m ds3h v2 and a mushkin 2TB nvme drive I updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi I have a gigabyte motherboard model B560m ds3h v2 and a mushkin 2TB nvme drive I updated...: I have try everything on my motherboard gigabyte B560m ds3h v2. I have a mushkin 2 TB nvme it's recognized on the bios but I'm unable to upgrade successfully the driver on windows device manager also mushkin doesn't have a driver for windows 10 any help appreciated. I need to...
  3. hi I have a gigabyte motherboard model B560m ds3h v2 and a mushkin 2TB nvme drive I updated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi I have a gigabyte motherboard model B560m ds3h v2 and a mushkin 2TB nvme drive I updated...: I have try everything on my motherboard gigabyte B560m ds3h v2. I have a mushkin 2 TB nvme it's recognized on the bios but I'm unable to upgrade successfully the driver on windows device manager also mushkin doesn't have a driver for windows 10 any help appreciated. I need to...
  4. hi I have a gigabyte motherboard model B560m ds3h v2 and a mushkin 2TB nvme drive I updated...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement: Hello all,I am having an issue accessing my family's network drive after upgrading my motherboard and CPU recently. I have struggled for the past month trying to access the network drive since upgrading. When trying to connect to the network drive it gives me a network error...
  6. Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement

Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement: Hello all,I am having an issue accessing my family's network drive after upgrading my motherboard and CPU recently. I have struggled for the past month trying to access the network drive since upgrading. When trying to connect to the network drive it gives me a network error...
  7. Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. My motherboard bios won't detect any hard drive or nvme

My motherboard bios won't detect any hard drive or nvme: I recently bought a new motherboard and it won't detect any of my hard drive, I tried to switch to my hdd tried to bought a new nvme and it still won't detect it, the reason I switched motherboard is because my old motherboard had the same problem and I don't know if it's...
  9. My motherboard bios won't detect any hard drive or nvme

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My motherboard bios won't detect any hard drive or nvme: I recently bought a new motherboard and it won't detect any of my hard drive, I tried to switch to my hdd tried to bought a new nvme and it still won't detect it, the reason I switched motherboard is because my old motherboard had the same problem and I don't know if it's...
  10. My motherboard bios won't detect any hard drive or nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming