Windows 10: New motherboard, audio jacks are not functioning

Discus and support New motherboard, audio jacks are not functioning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I replaced my old motherboard after it broke down and suddenly cannot use my headphones or mic at all on the system. They work on other devices, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DerPuzzle, Apr 3, 2020.

1. DerPuzzle Win User

New motherboard, audio jacks are not functioning

I replaced my old motherboard after it broke down and suddenly cannot use my headphones or mic at all on the system. They work on other devices, just not this one.

The new motherboard also comes with new jacks, but theu also do not work, all USB plugs, including the new ones, all work though.

I'm on a Windows 10 PC

My new motherboard is

msi Tomahawk B450

I've spent countless hours trying different solutions, all have ended in failure.

:)

DerPuzzle, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Gazouu Win User

Motherboard won't recognize jack headset

Today, my pc froze with an audio freeze and I had to hard restart it.

Since then, it seems that it won't detect any audio device plugged into a jack port. I tryed with 3 differents functional device. I also tryed with front and rear port.

Furthermore, it seems that I cannot install Realtek HD audio Driver in my computer, nothing happen after installing the official driver from my motherboard website and rebooting. The only audio driver installed now is "Nvidia High Definition Audio".
    All my other drivers are up to date.

All can I fix this issue without buying a sound card or USB/jack adapter ?

My configuration :

• Motherboard : Asus TUF B360-PRO Gaming Wifi
    • CPU : i5 8600k 3.6Ghz
    • GPU : EVGA Nvidia 1080 TI
    • Windows 10 64 bits Pro

Gazouu, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 3, 2020
  4. New motherboard, audio jacks are not functioning

Headphone not working in front audio jack

Hi

I had recently updated from windows 8 to windows 10. But I have an issue with the front audio jack. Rear jack works fine. I tried a lot of things but still couldn't solve the problem. I tried things like :-

• Upgrading ; uninstalling and restarting ; etc of the drivers.
    • Checking that the internal wires are connected.
    • Installing VIA HD AUDIO Driver
    My motherboard is Asus P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

It is really very frustrating. Please help me with this.

Thank You

MUHAMMED_BILAL, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

New motherboard, audio jacks are not functioning

1. New motherboard, audio jacks are not functioning - Similar Threads - motherboard audio jacks

2. audio jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio jack: Hello, I bought a mic to use for a project I'm doing, but my Laptop Dell inspiron i5-5th doesn't recognize it. The mic description did say i could get an audio splitter ,which i did but it still doesnt recognize it. This isnt my first mic, so i'm quite sure it's not the...
  3. audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack: Hello, I bought a mic to use for a project I'm doing, but my Laptop Dell inspiron i5-5th doesn't recognize it. The mic description did say i could get an audio splitter ,which i did but it still doesnt recognize it. This isnt my first mic, so i'm quite sure it's not the...
  4. audio jack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio jack: My audio jack does not recognize my wired apple hands free or any wired earphones. I have cleaned out m;y computer from all dust. I inspected the wiring to the audio jack, usb, and the mic jack. All wires intact and clean.I have search settings for any audio issues and...
  5. All of my audio jacks are not functional on my desktop

All of my audio jacks are not functional on my desktop: Both of my front panel audio jacks don't work as well as the three audio jacks on my motherboard. I have tried updating Windows and my drivers and I have manually installed the newest Realtek drivers directly from both the MSI website and from Realtek itself. My Realtek audio...
  6. All my audio jacks are not functional on my desktop

All my audio jacks are not functional on my desktop: Both of my front panel audio jacks don't work as well as the three audio jacks on my motherboard. I have tried updating Windows and my drivers and I have manually installed the newest Realtek drivers directly from both the MSI website and from Realtek itself. My Realtek audio...
  7. Audio Jack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Jack: I am having trouble with my earphones. Every time I plug them into my computer it would say that the audio output is the going through but I still don't get any sound. What should I do?...
  8. AUDIO JACK

AUDIO JACK: Whenever i plug in my headphones into my laptop i get a pop up message saying a headset has been detected but when i play any audio it plays on speaker and not in my headphones. What should be the problem?...
  9. AUDIO JACK

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO JACK: WHEN I PLUG IN A HEADSET, THE POPUP CHOOSE AUDIO DEVICE IS NOT COMING AND IN MY PC THERE IS NO REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER. SO, PLEASE TELL WHAT I SHOULD DO I AM IN A VERY BIG PROBLEM...
  10. 3.5 mm jacks do not work on the new motherboard?

3.5 mm jacks do not work on the new motherboard?: Hello, Due to a defective motherboard I had a new one sent to me and installed the latest BIOS which is available for the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. The pc is running fine, but my 3,5 mm connectors are not working (incl. visual audio connection via fiber optic cable). I...