Windows 10: New motherboard, can I just buy a new Windows 10 key?

Discus and support New motherboard, can I just buy a new Windows 10 key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm massively upgrading my computer, including a new motherboard. I will be keeping my same hard drive, though. For activating windows on this new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Horcerer_, May 19, 2020.

1. New motherboard, can I just buy a new Windows 10 key?

I'm massively upgrading my computer, including a new motherboard. I will be keeping my same hard drive, though. For activating windows on this new motherboard, can I simply buy a new OEM or Retail CD key?

submitted by /u/Horcerer_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Horcerer_, May 19, 2020

2. Changing motherboard, buy new windows key?

Hi,

unfortunately preinstalled Windows is tied to motherboard and if replacement was made not by warranty one need to buy new LICENSE not key. Sorry.

Igor Leyko, May 19, 2020
  3. New motherboard means a new Windows key?

Hi all, it looks very likely that my pc repairs will include me buying a new motherboard, I was told by my repair man that this may mean buying a new Windows key altogether as a new motherboard will mean the pc recognizes it as a new computer entirely, this
    seems odd to me and I'm not sure I have the money to buy a new Windows key is there anyway around this?

Regards Harrison

hcookeyarborough, May 19, 2020
  4. Arad119 Win User

New motherboard, can I just buy a new Windows 10 key?

Changing motherboard, buy new windows key?

I'm changing my motherboard and cpu to a "Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3" and a "i7-6700K" but I spoke to a lenovo assistant and she said that I will have to buy a new windows key if the mobo is no dpk but I don't know if it is and windows 10 keys are pretty
    expensive...

Can someone help me figure out if its win dpk or no dpk?

Thanks

Arad119, May 19, 2020
Thema:

New motherboard, can I just buy a new Windows 10 key?

1. New motherboard, can I just buy a new Windows 10 key? - Similar Threads - motherboard buy key

2. Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.: I have a new motherboard arriving in 7 days and i just want to be ready with the info i need to deactivate windows on the motherboard im using so i can use my cd key on my new motherboard. iv only heard that this is something that will need to be done and im not 100% sure...
  3. Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.: I have a new motherboard arriving in 7 days and i just want to be ready with the info i need to deactivate windows on the motherboard im using so i can use my cd key on my new motherboard. iv only heard that this is something that will need to be done and im not 100% sure...
  4. Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Can I buy just a key code for Windows 10?

Can I buy just a key code for Windows 10?: I have a USB installer for Windows 10 from a previous install. I want to install another copy of Windows 10 on a new build while keeping the copy on the first machine. Can I buy a key to use with the old USB copy, so I don't need to go out and buy one or wait for one to...
  6. About buying a new key !

About buying a new key !: I have just build a pc from retailer & now want to buy windows for pc Is OEM key legal ? & yes does it get lifetime future updates ? & suggest me which key I should get from the person who assembled my pc! my windows is Windows 10 pro! Please reply asap Thanks...
  7. windows 10 buy new product key

windows 10 buy new product key: hi I am ravi, I have installed copy of windows 10 that has a product key almost expired. an massage has coming on pc screen for genuine your windows. so I want purchase a new product key...
  8. How can i reactivate windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same key?

How can i reactivate windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same key?: I have recently upgraded my motherboard and processor. My old system is self assemblied from seperately purchased parts, including the OS that is brought from the store in a box. After reinstall the system, the key is obviously not available for a second use. I try to boot...
  9. Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard

Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard: Hi, I recently had some weird fps drops precisely every one minute in every game on my pc and so I began testing my pc components. I swapped my gpu, tested my ssd (containing windows) on my brothers laptop, installed windows on another ssd and swapped it with mine, swapped...
  10. Can I just buy a new computer with Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I just buy a new computer with Windows 10 Home?: I install Windows 10 Pro on my computer half year ago. And at that time, it says Windows has not been active. But I continue use it until now. Now I know that it is not be allow. So if I am illegal? Can I just buy a new computer with Windows 10 Home, or if I stop use the...