Windows 10: New Motherboard, CPU, and RAM; Will my Windows registration transfer over or must I...

Discus and support New Motherboard, CPU, and RAM; Will my Windows registration transfer over or must I... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am replacing some of my hardware, specifically the CPU, RAM, and the motherboard. Is there a way for me to transfer my current Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Eric_Franco28, Dec 13, 2020.

1. New Motherboard, CPU, and RAM; Will my Windows registration transfer over or must I...

Hey guys, I am replacing some of my hardware, specifically the CPU, RAM, and the motherboard.

Is there a way for me to transfer my current Windows registration to my 'new' PC?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Eric_Franco28, Dec 13, 2020

2. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, Dec 13, 2020
  3. I want to change my motherboard, cpu and ram.

Can i change my motherboard,cpu and ram without re-installing windows or loosing the license.

Currently i have Intel CPU and i want to change it to Ryzen cpu.

Gorelov Bogdan, Dec 13, 2020
  4. New Motherboard, CPU, and RAM; Will my Windows registration transfer over or must I...

Transfer Windows 10 to new motherboard

Hi,

I decided to upgrade my CPU and motherboard. I was running Windows 10 pre-installed when I bought the PC. Now I want to transfer it to my new motherboard. How do I do this? Unfortunately, I did not create a back-up prior to dis-assembling my old PC. Good
    news is that Windows 10 is recognised in my MS account

TylanCarruth, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

New Motherboard, CPU, and RAM; Will my Windows registration transfer over or must I...

1. New Motherboard, CPU, and RAM; Will my Windows registration transfer over or must I... - Similar Threads - Motherboard CPU RAM

2. If I buy a whole new set up, motherboard, cpu and ram etc but transfer my HDD and SSD with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I buy a whole new set up, motherboard, cpu and ram etc but transfer my HDD and SSD with...: If I buy a whole new set up, motherboard, cpu and ram etc but transfer my HDD and SSD with windows 10 already installed will that be okay? Or will I have to pay for a new licence even though it is already installed on the SSD?...
  3. If I buy a whole new set up, motherboard, cpu and ram etc but transfer my HDD and SSD with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I buy a whole new set up, motherboard, cpu and ram etc but transfer my HDD and SSD with...: If I buy a whole new set up, motherboard, cpu and ram etc but transfer my HDD and SSD with windows 10 already installed will that be okay? Or will I have to pay for a new licence even though it is already installed on the SSD?...
  4. If I buy a whole new set up, motherboard, cpu and ram etc but transfer my HDD and SSD with...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows transfer to new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows transfer to new motherboard: I recently upgraded my motherboard as it was a good deal during black friday/cyber monday sales. I'm trying to use my product key that I've been using for my past 3 computers now, but currently it doesn't work and said my product key is not valid. My product key is a OEM key...
  6. Windows transfer to new motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows transfer to new motherboard: I recently upgraded my motherboard as it was a good deal during black friday/cyber monday sales. I'm trying to use my product key that I've been using for my past 3 computers now, but currently it doesn't work and said my product key is not valid. My product key is a OEM key...
  7. Windows transfer to new motherboard

8. I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?

I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?: I did a free upgrade from 8.1 to 10 so I don't have a product key, but a digital license, but even signing into my computer with my microsoft account which shows has windows 10 pro, it still says I need to activate windows? Help please!lol...
  9. I upgraded my PC [ motherboard and CPU] my windows 10 product key didn't transfer over.

I upgraded my PC [ motherboard and CPU] my windows 10 product key didn't transfer over.: I upgraded my PC [ motherboard and CPU] my windows 10 product key didn't transfer over. I try to do the troubleshoot but it didn't work. when I chick it, it said: "troubleshooting has completed we weren't able to activate windows on this device". then I press " I change...
  10. Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10

Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10: I hope someone can provide me with the some guidance. The scenario is this: I'm updating the mobo, cpu and ram in my PC to AMD Ryzen 2700X and a Gigabyte x470. All the other components including the hard drive will be the same. I'll be reformatting the hard drive and...