Windows 10: New motherboard no boot

Discus and support New motherboard no boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My last mobo sparked out and i think it took my cpu with it. The fans run but nothing displays on the screen. A couple mosfets blew on the msi 970ga... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gettheclicker, Sep 4, 2019.

1. New motherboard no boot

My last mobo sparked out and i think it took my cpu with it. The fans run but nothing displays on the screen.

A couple mosfets blew on the msi 970ga 46 so i replaced it with a gigabyte 970a ud3p rev 2.1. I'm Using an amd fx 8350 be.

:)

gettheclicker, Sep 4, 2019

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Sep 4, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 4, 2019
  4. New motherboard no boot

New motherboard

How was Windows 10 setup on your computer?

Was it the free upgrade to Windows 10 from a preinstalled OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 license?

If it was, then you can't transfer it to a new motherboard.

Was it the free upgrade to Windows 10 from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license?

Then, yes, you can transfer it.

If its retail, the first thing I would make sure you do is link your license to your Microsoft Account:

Shutdown your computer, open the system unit, remove the old motherboard, install the new motherboard, connect your hard disk, then boot the system.

Windows 10 will automatically reconfigure itself then boot up.

Sign in.

If Windows 10 does not automatically reactivate, you can wait a few days.

If not, open Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshoot

Sign in

Click Next, then choose your computer from the list of machines.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

New motherboard no boot

1. New motherboard no boot - Similar Threads - motherboard boot

2. Can’t boot to windows past motherboard logo. Windows reinstall nor restore work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t boot to windows past motherboard logo. Windows reinstall nor restore work: I can’t go past the motherboard logo. It’s a black screen; I’ve tried connecting monitor to motherboard instead of GPU. It was overheating horribly before, I don’t know if that had anything to do with it. BIOS works and there’s no warning lightsNow windows reinstallation...
  3. Can’t boot to windows past motherboard logo. Windows reinstall nor restore work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t boot to windows past motherboard logo. Windows reinstall nor restore work: I can’t go past the motherboard logo. It’s a black screen; I’ve tried connecting monitor to motherboard instead of GPU. It was overheating horribly before, I don’t know if that had anything to do with it. BIOS works and there’s no warning lightsNow windows reinstallation...
  4. I have changed the motherboard battery but still this issue pops up on every time i boot my PC

I have changed the motherboard battery but still this issue pops up on every time i boot my PC: AMIBIOSC2022 American Megatrends, Inc. ASUS PRIME 2690M-PLUS D4 ACPI BIOS Revision 1620CPU: 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM 19-12900 Speed: 4700MHZ Total Memory: 65536MB DDR4-2133 USB Devices total: 0 Drive, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse, 3 Hubs Detected Storages... SATA6G_3: Samsung SSD 870...
  5. I have changed the motherboard battery but still this issue pops up on every time i boot my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have changed the motherboard battery but still this issue pops up on every time i boot my PC: AMIBIOSC2022 American Megatrends, Inc. ASUS PRIME 2690M-PLUS D4 ACPI BIOS Revision 1620CPU: 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM 19-12900 Speed: 4700MHZ Total Memory: 65536MB DDR4-2133 USB Devices total: 0 Drive, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse, 3 Hubs Detected Storages... SATA6G_3: Samsung SSD 870...
  6. How do I enable Secure Boot on a Gigabyte motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable Secure Boot on a Gigabyte motherboard?: I've been having an issue with trying to enable secure boot in my gigabyte bios. I've disabled CSM support as seen below, and I've made sure that I don't have secure boot already enabled my settings. Even though I've done these things, when I go on the "boot" tab on my bios,...
  7. How do I enable Secure Boot on a Gigabyte motherboard?

How do I enable Secure Boot on a Gigabyte motherboard?: I've been having an issue with trying to enable secure boot in my gigabyte bios. I've disabled CSM support as seen below, and I've made sure that I don't have secure boot already enabled my settings. Even though I've done these things, when I go on the "boot" tab on my bios,...
  8. App, Account and Service Issues after Booting Different Windows Computer with my Motherboard

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App, Account and Service Issues after Booting Different Windows Computer with my Motherboard: So, this is a bit of a tangle. I am having persistent User, App and Service issues after I tried to rescue files from a dead Windows 11 laptop - I removed the hard drive from that laptop, and plugged it into my motherboard. I expected it to boot my normal drive which is...
  9. App, Account and Service Issues after Booting Different Windows Computer with my Motherboard

App, Account and Service Issues after Booting Different Windows Computer with my Motherboard: So, this is a bit of a tangle. I am having persistent User, App and Service issues after I tried to rescue files from a dead Windows 11 laptop - I removed the hard drive from that laptop, and plugged it into my motherboard. I expected it to boot my normal drive which is...
  10. App, Account and Service Issues after Booting Different Windows Computer with my Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming