Windows 10: New motherboard now wont boot into windows

Discus and support New motherboard now wont boot into windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Aloha everyone so this is what I have going on. fyi I built the computer myself have had it a couple years. last week I got a USB overvoltage so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by captaindean, May 12, 2020.

1. New motherboard now wont boot into windows

Aloha everyone so this is what I have going on. fyi I built the computer myself have had it a couple years.
    last week I got a USB overvoltage so I replaced the MB now it wont boot to Win 10
    1: I installed a new Asus z390e motherboard it posted to the bios my drive shows up as the boot from when the computer was running last time. But now I get black screen to "Reboot and select proper boot device"
    2: tried booting to a usb with windows but it wont allow me to do that unless I format the drive I don't want to lose any info so that's a big NO.
    anyone have any better ideas ?
    the drive does show up in my BIOS as the boot drive. I also pulled the drive and was able to read it on my laptop so I know every thing is still on it and working. Is there a script I could change to make it work IDK ?

:)

captaindean, May 12, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    Perform these steps before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, May 12, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 12, 2020
  4. New motherboard now wont boot into windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 12, 2020
Thema:

New motherboard now wont boot into windows

1. New motherboard now wont boot into windows - Similar Threads - motherboard wont boot

2. Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...: im trying to contact Microsoft support but it says its unavailable, i want to activate windows but its giving me errors saying that im linked to my old system. any ideas how to get this changed?...
  3. Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...: im trying to contact Microsoft support but it says its unavailable, i want to activate windows but its giving me errors saying that im linked to my old system. any ideas how to get this changed?...
  4. Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MSI MPG 2490 motherboard wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI MPG 2490 motherboard wont boot: I have a new PC build. When I turn the pc the motherboard lights up, my cooling fans work, Monitor works but it wont go into bios to load windows 10. What should I do? I have pressed delete many times and f11, nothing happens....
  6. Can't boot into Windows on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Windows on new motherboard: I suspect this is more of a problem with the motherboard since everything was fine on the old one but I figured it wouldn't here to try posting here. I upgraded from a ASRock AB350M-HDV to a Asus Crosshair VI Extreme if it matters. I can get into bios perfectly, it's just...
  7. harddisk wont boot to windows after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    harddisk wont boot to windows after motherboard replacement: greetings , i'm a desktop engineer, i have been changing motherboard of ecselite group to different desktops, after replacing the board the bios prompts message as 'no boot device detected '.How to solve this without the need of re-installation of windows when the OS is...
  8. Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard: I purchased a copy of Windows 10 pro in february, shortly thereafter I upgraded my motherboard. My windows 10 installation told me I need to reactivate. Reactivation doesnt work as it always says it cant contact microsoft servers. In my accounts billing history I can clearly...
  9. New motherboard no boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New motherboard no boot: My last mobo sparked out and i think it took my cpu with it. The fans run but nothing displays on the screen. A couple mosfets blew on the msi 970ga 46 so i replaced it with a gigabyte 970a ud3p rev 2.1. I'm Using an amd fx 8350 be. 139898
  10. Windows wont boot with new Ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wont boot with new Ram: I have a problem- I just built a new budget gaming PC, and I've been having problems with the Ram. I first installed 1 4gb DDR4 2400 MHz stick, and paired with an SSD and a AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, Windows worked perfectly. When I added another stick of ram, it failed to boot. Both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I changed mother boards and now windows 10 wont boot