Windows 10: New motherboard now wont boot into windows

Discus and support New motherboard now wont boot into windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Aloha everyone so this is what I have going on. fyi I built the computer myself have had it a couple years. last week I got a USB overvoltage so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by captaindean, May 12, 2020.

1. New motherboard now wont boot into windows

Aloha everyone so this is what I have going on. fyi I built the computer myself have had it a couple years.
    last week I got a USB overvoltage so I replaced the MB now it wont boot to Win 10
    1: I installed a new Asus z390e motherboard it posted to the bios my drive shows up as the boot from when the computer was running last time. But now I get black screen to "Reboot and select proper boot device"
    2: tried booting to a usb with windows but it wont allow me to do that unless I format the drive I don't want to lose any info so that's a big NO.
    anyone have any better ideas ?
    the drive does show up in my BIOS as the boot drive. I also pulled the drive and was able to read it on my laptop so I know every thing is still on it and working. Is there a script I could change to make it work IDK ?

:)

captaindean, May 12, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    Perform these steps before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, May 12, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 12, 2020
  4. New motherboard now wont boot into windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 12, 2020
Thema:

New motherboard now wont boot into windows

1. New motherboard now wont boot into windows - Similar Threads - motherboard wont boot

2. New SSD wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD wont boot: I got a Kingston A400 SSD to use as the boot device along with my 1tb HDD. I plugged in only the SSD and used a usb with windows installation media to download windows onto it but no matter what it won't boot. If I leave the usb plugged in after windows installs it just...
  3. New motherboard no boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New motherboard no boot: My last mobo sparked out and i think it took my cpu with it. The fans run but nothing displays on the screen. A couple mosfets blew on the msi 970ga 46 so i replaced it with a gigabyte 970a ud3p rev 2.1. I'm Using an amd fx 8350 be. 139898
  4. Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.: Upgraded to an ASUS Gaming Edge Z390, got these messages. It's a retail license, as the last screenshot shows. I've already made a thread for this, but the helpers stopped responding because I took so long.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.: today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067....
  6. Changed my motherboard on my PC now My windows wont activate.

Changed my motherboard on my PC now My windows wont activate.: I've done all the trouble shooting steps and tried linking my Microsoft account none of this has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-motherboard-on-my-pc-now-my-windows/ff9e39b3-a6f4-4b32-afd9-07c373a3d3c2"
  7. Windows wont boot

Windows wont boot: Hi everyone I will start by telling how it all happend. I wanted to install a new languag pack for cortana on my computer. But after restarting it it would not boot. It would go to to the windows splash screen an show the spinning white dots but it will stay there forever....
  8. Changed pagefile size and now Windows 10 wont boot

Changed pagefile size and now Windows 10 wont boot: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 8 GB RAM. Recently it has been especially laggy and "Not responding" even when only file explorer is open. Saw a tip online to change the minimum and maximum pagefile sizes to 1.5xRAM and 4xRAM respectively. Those values seemed within the...
  9. Windows wont boot with new Ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wont boot with new Ram: I have a problem- I just built a new budget gaming PC, and I've been having problems with the Ram. I first installed 1 4gb DDR4 2400 MHz stick, and paired with an SSD and a AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, Windows worked perfectly. When I added another stick of ram, it failed to boot. Both...
  10. Bought used computer changed motherboard and windows wont boot

Bought used computer changed motherboard and windows wont boot: I Bought a Dell AIO Inspiron 3455. It was dead. Replaced motherboard. Ran diagnostic all good but it wont boot. How do I reactivate windows?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I changed mother boards and now windows 10 wont boot