Windows 10: New motherboard old mothoerboard fried can't seem to use my digital license activation

Discus and support New motherboard old mothoerboard fried can't seem to use my digital license activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; well I can't seem to use my digital license activation linked on my microsoft account even though i removed the previous "device(motherboard" that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jasper Aguazon, Jun 9, 2019.

1. New motherboard old mothoerboard fried can't seem to use my digital license activation

well I can't seem to use my digital license activation linked on my microsoft account even though i removed the previous "device(motherboard" that was last used with

:)

Jasper Aguazon, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Jguo65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need
    to activate windows. I was under the assumption that the digital license I had would follow my account, so when I would log in it would activate windows but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Do I need to deactivate the digital license on the previous motherboard/SSD first before I can reactivate on my new hardware? That is the only other explanation I could think of as to why this isn't working, but I don't want to deactivate my digital license
    on my old hardware only to have this issue persist on my current new hardware. Could I get confirmation? And if so, can I also get steps on how to properly dissociate my digital license from the old hardware before I can use it for my new hardware?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Cooly568 Win User
    Windows 10 Digital Activation Issues on New Motherboard

I have used my Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows on my new computer, and that worked fine, however, I needed to switch out my motherboard because of issues with my old one. This invalidated the license. Upon trying to reactive the digital
    license, it fails to validate, saying, "We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows."

Cooly568, Jun 9, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

New motherboard old mothoerboard fried can't seem to use my digital license activation

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Disassociating isn't going to help if your Windows 7 license was OEM. Also note that the free upgrade 10 Windows 10 carried a similar condition: Windows 10 was to be free for the life of the device that was upgraded. Changing the motherboard means the
    end of the original device.

JimWynne, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

New motherboard old mothoerboard fried can't seem to use my digital license activation

1. New motherboard old mothoerboard fried can't seem to use my digital license activation - Similar Threads - motherboard old mothoerboard

2. Activating new SSD with the old license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating new SSD with the old license: Hi! I have Windows 11 and i want to switch to a new ssd. I dont want to copy anityng from the old ssd exept the license. A year ago i had win 10 and i upgraded to win 11. My license is : OEM_COA_NSLP channel.Can i copy the license?...
  3. I can't use my digital license on my new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't use my digital license on my new computer: hi, i changed my hardware recently and for some reason i can't activate windows on my computer. I had it activated on first boot but since i got new hardware i had to reset windows for driver conflicts and now i can't activate it for some reason . I tried every single...
  4. New motherboard, can't activate

New motherboard, can't activate: Hi there, a number of years ago I received a free version of Windows 7 Pro from university. I still have the receipt email but the product key is behind a link which is no longer active. I carried out the free upgrade to Windows 10 a few years back and everything was...
  5. Digital license and activation Old lap to PC

Digital license and activation Old lap to PC: Hello all, I have a laptop L1 and a desktop PC1 setup. The problem is that my laptop was wrecked two years back and no more in use. I took out the harddisk and is in use via an external cable. Now, I want to use the digital license from my old laptop to desktop by...
  6. Cannot use my digital license to activate my new pc

Cannot use my digital license to activate my new pc: Hi, i just build a new pc and sign in with my microsoft account which having a digital license entitled. i have followed the instruction to reactivate the license as below steps: settings -> update & security -> Activation -> Troubleshoot and click “ I changed hardware on...
  7. CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license

CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license: I changed my motherboard and CPU, and now Windows needs to be activated. My Activation tab in the system settings looks like this: [ATTACH] I am signed in with my Microsoft account. I click on troubleshoot and it shows the devices attached to my account. I select the device...
  8. changed my motherboard how to use my old digital license to activate windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changed my motherboard how to use my old digital license to activate windows 10: changed my motherboard how to use my old digital license to activate windows 10. I have two microsoft accounts and I dont remember which has the digital license any way I signed in with the two accounts and when I try "change product key" I get error that this license used on...
  9. Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard: Hi, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need to activate...
  10. Activation errors using digital license.

Activation errors using digital license.: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when the free offer was first extended. About a month ago I started receiving an activation error saying my windows 10 is not activated. When clicking on the activate now link the settings window opens and the activation screen is...