Windows 10: New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

Discus and support New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I purchased a new motherboard and cpu. After I stalling and connecting everything back together, my PC was only booting on the BIOS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Toorop68, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Toorop68 Win User

New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

Hi everyone,I purchased a new motherboard and cpu. After I stalling and connecting everything back together, my PC was only booting on the BIOS, despite detecting my drives.I disconnected them all, and only connecting the one which has windows, but the same happens.I contacted the motherboard manufacturer who told me I have to reinstall windows.I have absolutely no idea how to do that.I guess I have to reconnect my old motherboard and back up the data of the main SSD which has windows installed on it?and then create a USB stick which has windows on it and boot on it to reinstall windows?By doi

:)

Toorop68, Oct 9, 2021
  2. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Oct 9, 2021
  4. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work

You can perform step 3 without loosing any programs or Data. If you do not use Macrium Reflect, download it and make an image of your drive before doing anything.

Josey Wales, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

1. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data? - Similar Threads - motherboard reinstall without

2. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  3. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  4. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Replacing a motherboard without reinstalling Windows 10

Replacing a motherboard without reinstalling Windows 10: Hello! I've recently ran into an issue with my motherboard as it got shorted due to a stupid mistake on my part. The rest of my components apart from a hard drive are in working condition, so I wish to only replace the motherboard. I have Windows 10 installed on an SSD. My...
  6. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?: Hi everyone,I purchased a new motherboard and cpu. After I stalling and connecting everything back together, my PC was only booting on the BIOS, despite detecting my drives.I disconnected them all, and only connecting the one which has windows, but the same happens.I...
  7. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?: Hi everyone,I purchased a new motherboard and cpu. After I stalling and connecting everything back together, my PC was only booting on the BIOS, despite detecting my drives.I disconnected them all, and only connecting the one which has windows, but the same happens.I...
  8. reinstall windows without wiping data

reinstall windows without wiping data: I'll start off with saying I'm an idiot for not backing up my files before my pc crashed and gave me the blue screen of death. Is there a way to reinstall windows and still keep my files on my hard drive? Can I use the installation media from a usb without wiping my computer?...
  9. Loosing data

Loosing data: Every month when Windows 10 updates I loose all my data. Like my favorites links and my tax code info. Is there a setting or a something that can be done Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loosing-data/109240ae-dfa6-43e1-b886-cff82cf2ac5a
  10. Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard

Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard: I have a retail version of Windows 7 which I previously updated to Windows 10. I have had to change my motherboard and CPU. Can I perform a clean install of Windows 10 and use my previous product key for Windows 10? If not, can I use my Windows 7 key? Thank you...