Windows 10: New motherboard, Windows 10 activation troubleshooter says "Try again later"

Discus and support New motherboard, Windows 10 activation troubleshooter says "Try again later" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; New motherboard, Windows 10 activation troubleshooter says "Try again later". [ATTACH] Can't talk to a person, the automated IVR system keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VR_Hannibal, Jan 21, 2020.

1. New motherboard, Windows 10 activation troubleshooter says "Try again later"

New motherboard, Windows 10 activation troubleshooter says "Try again later".

New motherboard, Windows 10 activation troubleshooter says "Try again later" c9f0d93d-940b-4b07-af3f-d88660387c58?upload=true.jpg

Can't talk to a person, the automated IVR system keeps looping me with no solution.

My windows product key doesn't work anymore on this machine either.

Thanks for reading.

:)

VR_Hannibal, Jan 21, 2020
  2. mshimala Win User

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Tolumnia Win User
    Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

After new hardware (motherboard) change: Tried all the suggested steps: Settings/Activation/Troubleshoot/Log into Account, but get always this message. Yesterday I got a message that the servers were busy try later, but today again I cannot activate and
    get the above error message

Tolumnia, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Smitty3PM Win User

New motherboard, Windows 10 activation troubleshooter says "Try again later"

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

New motherboard, Windows 10 activation troubleshooter says "Try again later"

1. New motherboard, Windows 10 activation troubleshooter says "Try again later" - Similar Threads - motherboard activation troubleshooter

2. How do I activate windows when it does not work and says try again later?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate windows when it does not work and says try again later?: Everytime I try to activate my windows online, it just says try again later and does not work. How do I fix this or what do I need to do to activate this?...
  3. How do I activate windows when it does not work and says try again later?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I activate windows when it does not work and says try again later?: Everytime I try to activate my windows online, it just says try again later and does not work. How do I fix this or what do I need to do to activate this?...
  4. Microsoft Store says "Try that again, Page could not be loaded. Try again later." in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store says "Try that again, Page could not be loaded. Try again later." in windows 10: After I updated my Microsoft Store to new Microsoft Store version, Store isn't working for me. when I open Microsoft store, it says "Try that again, Page could not be loaded. Try again later". Also Get Help app, Feedback Hub app are not working....
  5. Microsoft Store says "Try that again, Page could not be loaded. Try again later." in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store says "Try that again, Page could not be loaded. Try again later." in windows 10: After I updated my Microsoft Store to new Microsoft Store version, Store isn't working for me. when I open Microsoft store, it says "Try that again, Page could not be loaded. Try again later". Also Get Help app, Feedback Hub app are not working....
  6. Microsoft Store says "Try that again, Page could not be loaded. Try again later." in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Insider; Try Again Later

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Insider; Try Again Later: Hello! Recently the other day I was having problems with Diagnostics Data and it wouldn't let me change the setting due to my PC being managed by an organization which it never was, and I was able to fix that through the CMD. Unfortunately now when I click the Join...
  8. Windows 10 Activation on New Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation on New Motherboard: I am currently looking into upgrading my motherboard that supports a specific CPU. I know that the Windows 10 license is associated with the motherboard I have currently. Am I going to run into any problems trying to pass Windows 10 onto a new motherboard? I do not want to...
  9. Activation - try again later error

Activation - try again later error: I was forced to upgrade my hard drive to ssd, in which windows was installed as non activated. This was a unique problem I faced, even after linking my ms account, it shows error as " can't reactivate pc, try again". I would like to know whether this is a hardware issue or...
  10. Windows 10 activation with new motherboard

Windows 10 activation with new motherboard: I've tried contacting Microsoft support by both chat (twice) and phone, and none of it was helpful. And so I'm posting the problem here. I have a laptop that was originally running Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 last month via the free upgrade option, and things were...