Windows 10: New Motherboard won't boot windows, PLS Help!

Discus and support New Motherboard won't boot windows, PLS Help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Contex of the problem; I wanted to upgrade my cpu from the i5 8th gen to the i7 10th gen and I realised that I needed a new motherboard to support 10th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattReynolds25, Jul 4, 2020.

1. New Motherboard won't boot windows, PLS Help!

Contex of the problem; I wanted to upgrade my cpu from the i5 8th gen to the i7 10th gen and I realised that I needed a new motherboard to support 10th gen cpu's.

So I finally get the motherboard, its the MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk motherboard, and spent an hour or 2 replacing the old board from my computer.

Im like 95% sure that Ive plugged everything back in right, the only issue I had was with the power wires just because they're so damn small.

I turn on the computer and it almost instantly boots to the BOIS menu. In there, I can see that my HDDs and SSDs are being recognised by the computer. But it just wont boot up windows 10.

The OS is installed on my SSD and whenever i pull up the Boot Drive menu by pressing F11 the only option is 'Enter Setup' which just takes me back to the BOIS menu.

Even when I try to rearrange the boot sequence, the computer just doesn't seem to pick up on Windows 10. I also tried plugging in the windows 10 CD installer and then tried to boot from CD but when I do that, the screen just stays black.

I have no idea what Ive done wrong or whats going on, please send help!

:)

MattReynolds25, Jul 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 4, 2020
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 4, 2020
  4. New Motherboard won't boot windows, PLS Help!

HELP! New mobo/cpu, no windows boot!

try to check this out... hope it can help you resolve it...

margaret21, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

New Motherboard won't boot windows, PLS Help!

1. New Motherboard won't boot windows, PLS Help! - Similar Threads - Motherboard won't boot

2. Change boot logo In UEFI. help Pls.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change boot logo In UEFI. help Pls.: I want to change my boot logo of windows 11 in UEFI. I found a tool - HackBGRT. Should I use it? If not, are there any other processes? I also found switching to bios. Should I do it? Pls answer....
  3. Can't boot into Windows on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Windows on new motherboard: I suspect this is more of a problem with the motherboard since everything was fine on the old one but I figured it wouldn't here to try posting here. I upgraded from a ASRock AB350M-HDV to a Asus Crosshair VI Extreme if it matters. I can get into bios perfectly, it's just...
  4. New motherboard now wont boot into windows

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard now wont boot into windows: Aloha everyone so this is what I have going on. fyi I built the computer myself have had it a couple years. last week I got a USB overvoltage so I replaced the MB now it wont boot to Win 10 1: I installed a new Asus z390e motherboard it posted to the bios my drive shows up as...
  5. Cant boot into Windows pls help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant boot into Windows pls help: so this morning my pc worked fine and all and needed to go away so i put it in standby mode when i came back later that they it woudnt wake up so i rebooted. now at this point it said it coudnt find a windows hard drive. but if i looked at my boot options my hard drive was...
  6. HELP PLS! Windows 10 won’t boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP PLS! Windows 10 won’t boot: Hi all, I’m in desperate need of assistance rn. A few days ago, my laptop (surface) randomly got a blue error screen and turned off. Since then, it won’t boot or restart properly and either goes straight to the Bitlocker recovery screen (which doesn’t work) and then the blue...
  7. New motherboard no boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New motherboard no boot: My last mobo sparked out and i think it took my cpu with it. The fans run but nothing displays on the screen. A couple mosfets blew on the msi 970ga 46 so i replaced it with a gigabyte 970a ud3p rev 2.1. I'm Using an amd fx 8350 be. 139898
  8. New motherboard won't reactivate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New motherboard won't reactivate: Just had to replace my motherboard, I have a digital licence for the PC Windows 10 won;t reactivate. Licence was the free upgrade from win 7 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-motherboard-wont-reactivate/c9427cd6-bb88-4101-82bf-c583afc548eb"
  9. New Motherboard/RAM/Processor, Windows 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    New Motherboard/RAM/Processor, Windows 10 won't boot up: Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this so I posted it here. I installed a new mobo, processor, and RAM into my computer today. When I booted it up, all seemed to be going well, until my computer got stuck on the "Getting Devices Ready" screen, and the Windows 10 logo froze....
  10. SLOW BOOT help pls

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SLOW BOOT help pls: bought a brand new laptop with windows 10...whenever i boot the laptop it takes around 1-2 minutes to get to the windows screen..there's this random black screen with only cursor being responsive at some point before login for quite some time through the boot process...atfer...