Windows 10: New motherboard won't reactivate

Discus and support New motherboard won't reactivate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just had to replace my motherboard, I have a digital licence for the PC Windows 10 won;t reactivate. Licence was the free upgrade from win 7 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PatCulley, Apr 2, 2019.

1. PatCulley Win User

New motherboard won't reactivate

Just had to replace my motherboard, I have a digital licence for the PC Windows 10 won;t reactivate.

Licence was the free upgrade from win 7 ?

:)

PatCulley, Apr 2, 2019
  2. WhyMe Win User

New Motherboard and Reactivation

I **think** that if you are replacing a broken motherboard with an identical replacement then you have a good chance of successfully re-activating your current Win10 installation

Once you have installed your new identical motherboard to replace the broken one I recommend you do the following:
    • Speak to a Microsoft Activation Customer Service Representative on the phone.
    • You will be able to get the phone number via the activation screen in "Settings"
    • Clearly state that the motherboard used to initially activate Windows 10 had failed and needed to replaced
    • Clearly state that this is a repair and not an upgrade
    • Clearly state that you are replacing a defective motherboard with an identical like-for-like replacement (same make and model)
    • Clearly state again that this is definitely not an upgrade of your existing hardware

FYI, I have successfully re-activated previous versions of Windows after replacing a broken motherboard with an identical make and model. I used the method to ensure success.

If you are not 100% clear in the way you are expressing your self then you may not be successful. ie They will not re-activate if they believe you performed a major hardware upgrade

Good luck.

WhyMe, Apr 2, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 2, 2019
  4. New motherboard won't reactivate

Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

New motherboard won't reactivate

1. New motherboard won't reactivate - Similar Threads - motherboard won't reactivate

2. Windows won't reactivate after a motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't reactivate after a motherboard change.: I recently changed my motherboard so I tried to reactivate windows and everything goes smoothly until I have to choose a device to activate it on, then this pops up after I select my device, and I've been trying for the past 2 hours and nothing changes[ATTACH]...
  3. New Motherboard cant reactivate windows 10

New Motherboard cant reactivate windows 10: Hi, so I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and I need to reactivate windows 10, the auto activate thingy didnt work and I can't find the activation code in my email because for some reason the email is all broken up and not functioning anymore, is there anything else I...
  4. Can't reactivate windows 10 on a new motherboard

Can't reactivate windows 10 on a new motherboard: I recently upgraded my motherboard but when i try to reactivate windows through troubleshoot it keeps saying something about servers unavailable and i've been trying for 2 days When i plug in my old motherboard, windows activates by itself...
  5. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware motherboard, cpu ram

Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware motherboard, cpu ram: Hello, I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows on this...
  6. Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap

Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap: My PC was an old corporate W7pro32 from 2011 which was upgraded to Windows10 when 10 came out, and activated OK. (linked to my personal MS account). Now I've changed the motherboard and it won't reactivate. I get 0xC004C003, but the message from the changed hardware...
  7. New Motherboard need to reactivate windows

New Motherboard need to reactivate windows: I upgraded my computer a few months ago and its been slow and unable to properly update since. It is my understanding that I need to buy a new windows license for $140. Is there a less expensive way to go this? Or a discount of some kind? I was thinking it would be like...
  8. Reactivating Windows after a new motherboard

Reactivating Windows after a new motherboard: My old motherboard had a corrupted bios and I had to buy a new one. This was a system malfunction I didn't prepare for of course. Now Windows 10 is telling me that my copy is not genuine (when in fact it is). I have followed all the steps on the support page for this issue....
  9. Windows reactivation after new motherboard installed

Windows reactivation after new motherboard installed: My old motherboard was broken so I had to replace it. I know that windows considers this a "new computer", but is there a way to transfer the license even though I could not deactivate my license on my old mobo....
  10. New Motherboard and Reactivation

New Motherboard and Reactivation: I did a clean install using the free upgrade offer a few weeks ago. Sorry to say, but it really looks like I will need a new motherboard, same make and model, but will be leaving everything else the same. Do you think Microsoft will reactivate it afterwards? If not, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. got new motherboard and windows wont reactivate