Windows 10: New motherboard

Discus and support New motherboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I may need a new motherboard although I am not yet 100% sure. My current system was migrated from XP to Windows 10 some time ago. Will I need a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NJDR, Oct 7, 2018.

1. NJDR Win User

New motherboard

I may need a new motherboard although I am not yet 100% sure.

My current system was migrated from XP to Windows 10 some time ago.

Will I need a new Windows 10 licence or can I use the old XP product key.

:)

NJDR, Oct 7, 2018

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 7, 2018
  4. New motherboard

New motherboard

How was Windows 10 setup on your computer?

Was it the free upgrade to Windows 10 from a preinstalled OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 license?

If it was, then you can't transfer it to a new motherboard.

Was it the free upgrade to Windows 10 from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license?

Then, yes, you can transfer it.

If its retail, the first thing I would make sure you do is link your license to your Microsoft Account:

Shutdown your computer, open the system unit, remove the old motherboard, install the new motherboard, connect your hard disk, then boot the system.

Windows 10 will automatically reconfigure itself then boot up.

Sign in.

If Windows 10 does not automatically reactivate, you can wait a few days.

If not, open Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshoot

Sign in

Click Next, then choose your computer from the list of machines.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

New motherboard

1. New motherboard - Similar Threads - motherboard

2. I think my motherboard is fried. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my motherboard is fried. PLEASE HELP: This is a follow up to my previous question about my laptop having water spilled on it. If this is related, please check it out. Anyways, after 8 days of my laptop not turning on from the water. I gave up and reassembled it, took out the rice, dried it with a towel and put it...
  3. I think my motherboard is fried. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think my motherboard is fried. PLEASE HELP: This is a follow up to my previous question about my laptop having water spilled on it. If this is related, please check it out. Anyways, after 8 days of my laptop not turning on from the water. I gave up and reassembled it, took out the rice, dried it with a towel and put it...
  4. BlueScreen on multiple occasions after installing a new motherboard, proccessor and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueScreen on multiple occasions after installing a new motherboard, proccessor and RAM: Hi, i've been experiencing multiple bluescreens after upgrading my machine I've experienced kmode exception not handledpage fault in non paged areamultiple system shutdowns, <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  5. BlueScreen on multiple occasions after installing a new motherboard, proccessor and RAM

BlueScreen on multiple occasions after installing a new motherboard, proccessor and RAM: Hi, i've been experiencing multiple bluescreens after upgrading my machine I've experienced kmode exception not handledpage fault in non paged areamultiple system shutdowns, <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  6. cannot reactivate windows after motherboard update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot reactivate windows after motherboard update: i recently updated my motherboards BIOS and after that my pc says that windows is not activated. i had upgraded from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reactivate-windows-after-motherboard-update/a93ba7cf-61b3-4e71-9755-fc2c6c01fca6
  7. cannot reactivate windows after motherboard update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot reactivate windows after motherboard update: i recently updated my motherboards BIOS and after that my pc says that windows is not activated. i had upgraded from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reactivate-windows-after-motherboard-update/a93ba7cf-61b3-4e71-9755-fc2c6c01fca6
  8. cannot reactivate windows after motherboard update

9. RZ616 wifi 6e 160mhz wifi not working in Gigabyte X670 ax Motherboard. PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RZ616 wifi 6e 160mhz wifi not working in Gigabyte X670 ax Motherboard. PLEASE HELP!: I have a pc built with Gigabyte X670 ax rev 1.0 motherboard. It came with this RZ616 wifi 6e 160mhz antenna. Things were fine 3 days ago until I updated my windows and AMD adrenaline drivers. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 7700x cpu. Everything else works except there is no wifi...
  10. RZ616 wifi 6e 160mhz wifi not working in Gigabyte X670 ax Motherboard. PLEASE HELP!

RZ616 wifi 6e 160mhz wifi not working in Gigabyte X670 ax Motherboard. PLEASE HELP!: I have a pc built with Gigabyte X670 ax rev 1.0 motherboard. It came with this RZ616 wifi 6e 160mhz antenna. Things were fine 3 days ago until I updated my windows and AMD adrenaline drivers. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 7700x cpu. Everything else works except there is no wifi...