Windows 10: New Motherboard

Discus and support New Motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I bought some new pc parts, had some hardware failure. Now with the new parts, the main problem being the motherboard, I can't reactivate my copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Leonnald, May 16, 2019.

1. Leonnald Win User

New Motherboard

So I bought some new pc parts, had some hardware failure. Now with the new parts, the main problem being the motherboard, I can't reactivate my copy of windows 10. I went through all the steps necessary to attempt to reactivate it, none are working. I even spoke to 2 different windows reps, lets them remote control my desktop and watch them do the exact same steps I already went through.

They then give me 3 options.

1. Rebuild my old pc to get the product key off of it. Well, since it's broken, that's not actually an option.

2. Give them a receipt/invoice for the copy of windows 8 I upgraded off of. Which was around 5-7 years ago. I don't have nor would have I ever held onto a receipt for a product I no longer use for that long. And the receipt/invoice for the old Motherboard I used, which I actually do have since newegg seems better at keeping records than Microsoft apparently.

3. Buy a new copy of windows 10. I'm not doing that. There is no reason I should have to pay for this software twice.

Why can't they simply check my account to verify I own a legit copy of windows 10, check with me to verify that yes I AM that person, and then simply activate my copy?

They should have all the records for when I installed/activated it in the past.

:)

Leonnald, May 16, 2019

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, May 16, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 16, 2019
  4. New Motherboard

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 16, 2019
Thema:

New Motherboard

1. New Motherboard - Similar Threads - Motherboard

2. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  3. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  4. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  5. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  6. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?: Hello,I had installed a Windows standalone license on my laptop which originally had Linux OS. Now I want to switch the license to another laptop. I reset the OS and now want to remove Windows completely and install Linux. Will the license still be linked to the motherboard?...
  8. Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?: Hello,I had installed a Windows standalone license on my laptop which originally had Linux OS. Now I want to switch the license to another laptop. I reset the OS and now want to remove Windows completely and install Linux. Will the license still be linked to the motherboard?...
  9. Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?

10. Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard: I built my own PC, so Windows was not pre-installed or anything like that, but it gives me the above error code in the Activation Troubleshooter. The specific text it uses is "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new motherboard windows 10 activation

2. windows and new motherboard