Windows 10: new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop

Discus and support new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I apologize if posted in wrong forum here) bought new keyboard and mouse abotu 5 days ago and initailly it was working fine on first usb start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ttodd0450, Feb 24, 2019.

1. ttodd0450 Win User

new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop

I apologize if posted in wrong forum here)

bought new keyboard and mouse abotu 5 days ago and initailly it was working fine on first usb start up with the both keyboard and mouse wireless .. but now a few days later after my boot up screen kicks into the desktop mode both mouse and keyboard is frozen or not moving . .batterys are fine .. after about 3 or 4 reboots I then removed the usb peripherals and plugged in a secondary keyboard and mouse both usb enabled ( not wireless).

so far so good .. now what do I have to do to troubleshoot.. ??>

I'm sure its to do with drivers .... but from where and how to .. ?

the keyboard and mouse are a no name china brand I have model number if needed..

:)

ttodd0450, Feb 24, 2019

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Feb 24, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 24, 2019
  4. new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop

1. new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop - Similar Threads - mouse keyboard freezing

2. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse and keyboard are freezing on brand new HP desktop

Mouse and keyboard are freezing on brand new HP desktop: I am a novice IT person who is trying to help out my boss with the new HP desktop they just purchased. It came with a wireless HP mouse and keyboard combo. I have everything installed and everything is working great except after about an hour of being idle once the computer...
  6. mouse/keyboard freeze ups

mouse/keyboard freeze ups: I'm having trouble with Windows 10. Every minute or so, my keyboard, mouse and speakers freeze up for 10 to 30 seconds. I replaced the wireless keyboard/mouse with a brand new set, but it's still hanging on me....
  7. Keyboard and mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse freeze: Hello, I've finally upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. But there is a problem. While watching YouTube my keyboard and mouse randomly freezes. Never unfreeze. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating, deleting Chrome then reinstalling. This has never happened on Windows 7....
  8. Keyboard and mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse freezing: Hey all, after some advice! New system, fresh install of win 10, after bootup all is great and after about 5 minutes, both keyboard and mouse freeze? Both are still showing powered and connected. reinstalled drivers, and clean re-install later. Same problem. Anyone...
  9. new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop

new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop: I apologize if posted in wrong forum here) bought new keyboard and mouse abotu 5 days ago and initailly it was working fine on first usb start up with the both keyboard and mouse wireless .. but now a few days later after my boot up screen kicks into the desktop mode both...
  10. keyboard and mouse FREEZED

keyboard and mouse FREEZED: Everytimes my system reboots or restart the computer, my mouse and keyboard are freeze up. The mouse and keyboard are plugged at the back of the port. I have to unplug and plug it at the front port, and then uninstall the driver, and then restart my computer. It will...