Windows 10: New MS account and user set up issue on new laptop

Discus and support New MS account and user set up issue on new laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just purchased a new laptop for my office. Set it up under my account. Then I set up a new account user and a new local user for the staff to use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shellyw12, May 20, 2022.

1. shellyw12 Win User

New MS account and user set up issue on new laptop

Just purchased a new laptop for my office. Set it up under my account. Then I set up a new account user and a new local user for the staff to use. However, when I sign in as the new account user, my desktop applications appear and my network folders etc., not the new users. How do I keep my data private and only the new users desktop comes up?

:)

shellyw12, May 20, 2022

2. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 20, 2022
  3. Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, May 20, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 20, 2022
Thema:

1. New MS account and user set up issue on new laptop - Similar Threads - account user set

2. I can't set up a new fingerprint in new user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set up a new fingerprint in new user account: i have 2 user on my laptop. The old user can setup a finger and use normally. But when i use a new administrator account, log in microsoft account, active windows hello for password, PIN but not fingerprint. It show a box tell me to "touch the fingerprint sensor", but when i...
  3. I can't set up a new fingerprint in new user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set up a new fingerprint in new user account: i have 2 user on my laptop. The old user can setup a finger and use normally. But when i use a new administrator account, log in microsoft account, active windows hello for password, PIN but not fingerprint. It show a box tell me to "touch the fingerprint sensor", but when i...
  4. Setting up new MS Account and transferring files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up new MS Account and transferring files: I have a new Windows 11 desktop computer. I originally set it up using only a local account - not a MS account. I have a MS Account that I've had for years and still use it for Skype on several computers. But I don't want to use it for my new computer. I intend to buy...
  5. Setting up new MS Account and transferring files

Setting up new MS Account and transferring files: I have a new Windows 11 desktop computer. I originally set it up using only a local account - not a MS account. I have a MS Account that I've had for years and still use it for Skype on several computers. But I don't want to use it for my new computer. I intend to buy...
  6. New MS account and user set up issue on new laptop

New MS account and user set up issue on new laptop: Just purchased a new laptop for my office. Set it up under my account. Then I set up a new account user and a new local user for the staff to use. However, when I sign in as the new account user, my desktop applications appear and my network folders etc., not the new users....
  7. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  8. setting up new laptop

setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  9. new user account issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    new user account issues: hi there: I created a new user account because my old one was corrupted. Two issues. 1 I switched from local account to my MS account. Issue is, the background color, like having folders in the dark mode, etc. did not sync or carry over. What is happening there? 2 Why...
  10. New Account set up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Account set up: Hello Guys, This is my main PC where everything is set up as I want it (apart from a Start Menu App issue but that's another story), I have just added my account (that is on this PC) to my wife's laptop, I've entered my Microsoft log in and password. I was on the...