Windows 10: New MS Edge is rendering colors differently than Chrome

Discus and support New MS Edge is rendering colors differently than Chrome in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/AVRYciW.png I've annotated a comparison screenshot above. Notice the different shades of red. I get a feeling that Chrome has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tzhu07, Jan 16, 2020.

1. /u/tzhu07 Win User

New MS Edge is rendering colors differently than Chrome

/u/tzhu07, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Edge and viewing colors

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R key, type
      inetcpl.cpl and press Enter key.

• Navigate to Advanced tab.

• Check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

• Click on Apply and click on Ok.
    Note: Close the Microsoft Edge before following the above steps.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Craig Win User
    Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer

Hi! I was using both Edge w/Chrome (where i have this extension as well) and Firefox...I've mentioned (and others agree) that Firefox's web page rendering is much better than Chrome's...Once the Google Chrome extension called "Font Rendering Enhancer" is added..What a difference...Than Chrome or Chrome Base browsers look as good as Firefox...

By better i mean that fonts on web pages have a darker and sharper look and even photos have a slightly richer look to them...

I downloaded the latest Chrome the other day and added the extension...It's fast, snappy and with the extension has the quality now....In fact, i started using it as my main browser *Smile

I was wondering if anyone else here has tried the extension on their Chrome (or Edge/wChrome) installation and what you think of it and if you haven't tried it, would suggest you do and report back...It's easy to remove if you decide you don't want it (takes about 30 sec to delete it)...

Be sure to refresh (go in and out) of your browser, after you install it, so that it will "kick in"....*Wink

When you go to the Chrome Extension Store, and do the search for it, there are two shown...it is the first one on the list...

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm..surprised no one is even interested in at least trying it... *sarc

Craig, Jan 16, 2020
  4. New MS Edge is rendering colors differently than Chrome

Why am I seeing colors rendered differently in chrome vs IE?

The screenshots bellow were taken from Chrome 62.0.3202.94 and Internet Explorer 11.0.48 running on windows 10. Why are the blues on IE considerably more saturated than on Chrome? I have also compared MS Edge and Chrome running on Ubuntu in virtual machine and they both match the colors I see on Internet explorer. I would have though for solid blocks of colors like this, there isn't too much scope for interpretation.

New MS Edge is rendering colors differently than Chrome cIfvo.png

Shane Mcpherson, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

New MS Edge is rendering colors differently than Chrome

1. New MS Edge is rendering colors differently than Chrome - Similar Threads - Edge rendering colors

2. New MS Store not Rendering On screen text/elements

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New MS Store not Rendering On screen text/elements: I got the new MS store today and pages aren't being displayed correctly. See screenshot below. How do I fix this? Prior to the update it worked fine. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and I tried running WSreset.exe already....
  3. New MS Store not Rendering On screen text/elements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New MS Store not Rendering On screen text/elements: I got the new MS store today and pages aren't being displayed correctly. See screenshot below. How do I fix this? Prior to the update it worked fine. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and I tried running WSreset.exe already....
  4. New MS Store not Rendering On screen text/elements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. what is difference between new edge and chrome

in Browsers and Email
    what is difference between new edge and chrome: what is difference between new edge and chrome?????????? 155647
  6. Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening: After the recent update when I open either Chrome or Edge new Edge the colors appear correct for the first few seconds, then suddenly shift to a more washed out tone. Updated all my display drivers and even tried the new insider update. Can't figure this out, incredibly...
  7. How to enable Chrome extensions in MS Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable Chrome extensions in MS Edge?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SchrodingersNinja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eredro/how_to_enable_chrome_extensions_in_ms_edge/
  8. New MS Edge is rendering colors differently than Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New MS Edge is rendering colors differently than Chrome: https://i.imgur.com/AVRYciW.png I've annotated a comparison screenshot above. Notice the different shades of red. I get a feeling that Chrome has the colors correct. submitted by /u/tzhu07 [link] [comments]...
  9. MS Edge theme for Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge theme for Chrome?: I really Like the look and feel of Edge but the lack or extensions and apps has stopped me from moving from chrome, are there any chrome themes that make it look like edge?? *Smile tia 14960
  10. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320