Windows 10: New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

Discus and support New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by richaardvark, May 29, 2021.

1. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can disable the entire feature, either by right-clicking the taskbar and then disabling it or also through the Group Policy Editor or changing a registry string. But I want to get rid of the news and keep the weather. Is there a registry hack for this? Windows 10 Pro Education Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1023)

:)

richaardvark, May 29, 2021

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 29, 2021
  3. News and Interests arrived from nowhere

Thanks Try3, I will have a look. It can be simply turned off from taskbar - right click, News and interests, turn off. No need to disable. What I don't like is the weather icon in the notification area - just doesn't go well with others... MS should work a bit harder when is also about estethics in their operation system. My opinion...

New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather? [​IMG]

Just noticed - which temperature from all these four is the right one:

New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather? [​IMG]

Weather app, MSN.com, News and interests flyout or notification area... *Banghead

Ivan Petrov, May 29, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

Microsoft introduces news and interests on the Windows 10 taskbar

Source: Personalized content at a glance: Introducing news and interests on the Windows 10 taskbar | Windows Experience Blog

See also: Group configuration: news and interests on the Windows taskbar | Windows IT Pro Blog

How to Enable or Disable News and Interests on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove News and Interests icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Reduce Taskbar Updates for News and Interests in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Open News and Interests on Hover in Windows 10

Tenforo, May 29, 2021
Thema:

New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

1. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather? - Similar Threads - News Interests Taskbar

2. Disable all News & Interests Feeds but keep only Weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable all News & Interests Feeds but keep only Weather: I finally upgraded my windows 10 to windows 11. However, Weather widget is getting massively filled with those useless feeds. I only want to see the weather app in detail when I hover or click on it. Windows 10 was better in this case cause there was a feature called tiles...
  3. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  4. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  5. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  7. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  8. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  9. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  10. Hide News and Interests for new users

Hide News and Interests for new users: Hello!How can I hide the News and Interests widget from taskbar but for new users ?Clarification I don't want to use a policy neither Group Policy or HKLM\Software\Policies.For the current user I'm editing the registry, more precisely the key...