Windows 10: New Notebook - Fresh Install

Discus and support New Notebook - Fresh Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, new HP Pavilion laptop came with Free DOS, now want to install Win (UEFI), but won't let me because it is MBR on SSD. Do I have to delete those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeezde, Nov 26, 2018.

1. jeezde Win User

New Notebook - Fresh Install

hi, new HP Pavilion laptop came with Free DOS, now want to install Win (UEFI), but won't let me because it is MBR on SSD. Do I have to delete those partitions (HPDOCS and Free DOS) to continue?

New Notebook - Fresh Install [​IMG]

:)

jeezde, Nov 26, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 26, 2018
  4. New Notebook - Fresh Install

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

New Notebook - Fresh Install

1. New Notebook - Fresh Install - Similar Threads - Notebook Fresh Install

2. im trying to install fresh win 11 to my notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im trying to install fresh win 11 to my notebook: im trying to install fresh win 11 to my notebook and it throws up error 0x8007025D, can you help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-install-fresh-win-11-to-my-notebook/c5818f45-6863-40b7-b6fd-3acb2a0c952d
  3. im trying to install fresh win 11 to my notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im trying to install fresh win 11 to my notebook: im trying to install fresh win 11 to my notebook and it throws up error 0x8007025D, can you help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-install-fresh-win-11-to-my-notebook/c5818f45-6863-40b7-b6fd-3acb2a0c952d
  4. Fresh install on new hdd.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install on new hdd.: power went down on my old laptop with new hdd while in middle of windows10 install, tried to start install after sorting out power supply but it gets to second window and get message about restart and system exception not handled. What can i do to rectify the problem?...
  5. Fresh New Install 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh New Install 100% CPU: Hey Guys, A quick question did Microsoft put out a bad update again? I had this PC running for awhile and I always keep it performing well now for some reason the CPU is running at 100% I did a full reset on it and no applications installed and it's still running at 100%...
  6. New notebook with new installation does not sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New notebook with new installation does not sleep: I can't switch my notebook to a sleep mode on my new notebook with windows 10. I set Sleep for power button and for action closing notebook in system settings, and it doesn't happens. Please, help....
  7. Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install: Hi, My desktop was getting BSODs and freezing. Since I am not good at PC troubleshooting I've taken it to repair... twice. One tech said it was the motherboard, so I got a new one, had it installed and also upgraded by 150 SSD to a 250 GB SSD, then I started having...
  8. New Microsoft Account on fresh install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Microsoft Account on fresh install: Hi guys. I am thinking of creating a new Microsoft account based on Outlook address when I come to update to Fall Creator's. I want to make Windows set to default settings which you don't get when you log into your current Microsoft account as it syncs the settings....
  9. fresh install with new HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fresh install with new HDD: I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 then did a clean install..... need ed to change the laptop HDD will I be able to do a clean install and achieve activation or is there a procedure to follow thanks 37080
  10. Fresh 10 install new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh 10 install new computer: So i just bought a completely new computer and purchased Win 10. I downloaded the ISO and installed it to a USB to install. I received an email with a product key, but each time i try and use it, it tells me it's an invalid key for the available ISO. I'm not the most tech...