Windows 10: New NVMe drive is giving this (driver?) error

Discus and support New NVMe drive is giving this (driver?) error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greeting I have got a new NVMe drive, Adata XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1Tbyte, and it does seems to work, but something is fishy. Adata's ToolBox can't read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Burgurne, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Burgurne Win User

New NVMe drive is giving this (driver?) error

Greeting
    I have got a new NVMe drive, Adata XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1Tbyte, and it does seems to work, but something is fishy. Adata's ToolBox can't read the firmware of the drive (CrystalDiskInfo can!), and in Device manager I got this error:

New NVMe drive is giving this (driver?) error [​IMG]

I have 2 other NVMe (Samsung 960 EVO and 970 EVO), and the mobo is AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming X.

The Adata drive does seems to reach the speed that is promished, so I'm not sure if this error cause any problems in the long run.
    There are no drivers for this Adata as there is for the Samsungs, so it is using a standard NVMe driver from Microsoft.
    Ideas?

:)

Burgurne, Jul 3, 2020

2. Installing new NvMe drive and using it as primary boot runnig windows 10

Hello,

I have a preinstalled windows 10 along with 30+ apps(both from manufacturer and third party) running on my desktop. I recently bought the Samsung 960 evo NvMe drive and would like to use it as my new boot drive. I know that I have to create a bootable usb
    drive, disconnect all other SSD/HDD, leave only the NvMe drive, install windows on it and then reconnect all the drives back.

I would like to understand how I could create an ISO image of my preinstalled windows 10(along with all the updates, hardware drivers and apps) and make a bootable USB out of it. Is it possible? if so, could anyone list the steps needed or point me to a
    thread or post online? Thank you.

SusheelPalkamsetti, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Jul 3, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. New NVMe drive is giving this (driver?) error - Similar Threads - NVMe drive giving

2. New m2 nvme drive not initializing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New m2 nvme drive not initializing: Just bought a Samsung 980 m2 nvme drive. As an extra drive. I installed it into my computer and when I started it up nothing showed. I opened disk management and it’s shows with no size only “disc 0” and “unknown” “not initialized” when I try to initialize it gives me error...
  3. New m2 nvme drive not initializing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New m2 nvme drive not initializing: Just bought a Samsung 980 m2 nvme drive. As an extra drive. I installed it into my computer and when I started it up nothing showed. I opened disk management and it’s shows with no size only “disc 0” and “unknown” “not initialized” when I try to initialize it gives me error...
  4. New m2 nvme drive not initializing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New larger NVME drive is showing up as a C: drive and a D: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New larger NVME drive is showing up as a C: drive and a D: drive: I upgraded from a 500gb to a 2tb Nvme M.2 i cloned my 500gb to the 2tb but when installed it its showing up as 2 different drives a C: for what was cloned and a D: with the left over storage how do i get all the memory in the C: and to stop showing up as 2 different drives...
  6. Driver nvme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver nvme: Bonjour, j'ai installer le dernier driver de contrôleur nvme ce matin, j'ai du redémarrer mon pc et depuis plus moyen de le redémarrer, même en mode sans échecs, impossible, je voudrais desinstaller le driver mais je ne sais pas comment le retrouver dans l'invite de commande....
  7. Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?: Windows 10 V2004 Transferring from an older PC to a new computer that has a 1TB SSD. Windows 10 is installed on new PC. Can I (should I) create partitions or artificial "drive" letters or just folders to divide up the space for transfers? 166327
  8. Restore System Image to new NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore System Image to new NVMe drive: Subject about says it all. After I get my PC and Win 10 to recognize the new drive will a basic System Restore to the new drive succeed? Old SSD and new NVMe both about 500 gig. About 175 gig free on old SSD. Thanks, Terry...
  9. Is there an Issue with NVMe drives ?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is there an Issue with NVMe drives ?: Hi I ran a hyper-v vm this morning and I tried to add a physical drive which I do regularly as I need to access the data on it. Up until today, that data has always been on an SSD but I recently moved all that data onto a new NVMe drive. The first time I tried, I added it...
  10. New drive drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New drive drivers: I installed DVDRW drive in hp probook that didn't have one a refurbished laptop. So there was no DVD rw drive on or listed on the laptop in any part of the system. At HP Support scanned for drivers showed I need DVD CD driver download charge is 9.95. Should I download the...