Windows 10: New NVMe SSD not recognized

Discus and support New NVMe SSD not recognized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a new WD Blue SN550 1TB nvme ssd to add to my laptop as additional storage however it does not appear as an available storage space. I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GermanMichel, Apr 13, 2021.

1. New NVMe SSD not recognized

I bought a new WD Blue SN550 1TB nvme ssd to add to my laptop as additional storage however it does not appear as an available storage space. I can see it in the BIOS. I checked my storage controllers and don't see Windows Standard NVMe drivers there, is that the issue maybe? In the BIOS it also says that the nvme ssd doesnt support the HDD password? Not sure what that means. I'd appreciate some help, Thank you beforehand.

:)

GermanMichel, Apr 13, 2021

2. NVME SSD

Hi.

Does the BIOS recognize the NVME SSD?

Also, what is the BIOS version?

auggy [Directly], Apr 13, 2021
  3. NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, Apr 13, 2021
  4. New NVMe SSD not recognized

NVME SSD

My MB is a crosshair vii hero with latest bios 2901.

The m.2 1 link mode is auto, gen 1, gen 2, gen 3

M.2 2 is the same. And in the boot section nvme is visible and enabled.

AdrianLucke72, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

New NVMe SSD not recognized

1. New NVMe SSD not recognized - Similar Threads - NVMe SSD recognized

2. Booting off of new NVME SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting off of new NVME SSD.: I got myself a new NVME SSD. I want to move my OS from my old SSD to it. When I cloned my SSD with windows files to the NVME, I discovered my hard drive with only games on it, is set as the 'Boot Manager' in my BIOS. If I disconnect my SSD and try to boot my pc, I get an...
  3. Booting off of new NVME SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting off of new NVME SSD.: I got myself a new NVME SSD. I want to move my OS from my old SSD to it. When I cloned my SSD with windows files to the NVME, I discovered my hard drive with only games on it, is set as the 'Boot Manager' in my BIOS. If I disconnect my SSD and try to boot my pc, I get an...
  4. New NVMe SSD not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New NVMe SSD not recognized by Windows 10: Hi All, My new Lenovo laptop came with a WDC 250GB NVMe SSD and had a spare M.2 slot to which I added another WDC 500GB drive. Windows 10 Home Single Language edition came pre-installed in the first SSD. The BIOS is able to 'see' the second drive. See the boot menu image...
  5. AURUS NVMe Gen4 SSD not recognized by Windows Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AURUS NVMe Gen4 SSD not recognized by Windows Setup: We have a new install on x570 Auros Master motherboard AMD AM4 X570/rev 1.1. We have one disk on the computer, a 1TB AURUS NVMe Gen4 SSD. The BIOS recognizes the NVMe drive. The BIOS is updated to F30, the latest version of the BIOS in the PCIEX16 spot and it reads it as...
  6. Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jazzzy990 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iaukb3/is_this_normal_new_nvme_ssd/
  7. Windows 10 won't recognize NVMe SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't recognize NVMe SSD.: I've got a 2TB Toshiba XG5-P NVMe SSD. I'm using a 1TB NVMe 970 Evo, 3900x, x570m Pro4 mobo. If I boot into recovery mode and use diskpart, or if I install a fresh copy on this 2TB drive, Windows has no problem recognizing it and another identical one. But on my main Windows...
  8. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and keep my Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and keep my Windows: Hi. I just got the "Samsung 970 evo" NVMe and I want to replace it with the old one that has my Windows on it I know there is a way with adapter and cable but I don't have that, so is there a way that I can keep my Windows ? -I don't mind to lose my files -Is it possible...
  9. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows: Hi. I just got the "Samsung 970 evo" NVMe and I want to replace it with the old one that has my Windows on it I know there is a way with adapter and cable but I don't have that, so is there a way that I can keep my Windows ? -I don't mind to lose my files -Is it possible...
  10. Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS: I purchased a crucial nvme m.2 ssd for my MSI GT73 Titan - It shows in the PCIE section of the BIOS but does not show in disk management - Also does not show up in Crucial's Storage Executive Application. My BIOS is the latest version. Any ideas?...