Windows 10: new / old computer

Discus and support new / old computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, May 2, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

new / old computer

A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's)
    while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that
    wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan)

It hadn't been updated since august 2017 (I downloaded widows assistant rather the spend 12 hours downloading a year and a half of updates). 2 hours .
    here's the specs:
    hp envy ts m6 sleekbook
    windows 10 home 64 1809
    2.10 gigahertz amd a10-5745m apu (radeon hd graphics)
    bus clock 100mhz
    6 gig memory
    750 gig hdd
    amd radeon hd 8610g display adapter touch screen
    15.3 inch vis monitor
    bluetooth
    ralink rt3290 bgn wifi
    realteck gne ethernet

:)

thomaseg1, May 2, 2019
  2. tater Win User

Need ideas for new computer

if this is an upgrade computer... then i wouldnt suggest buying new ones and wasting $200-$300 on new ones.., especially if all the old stuff works fine

tater, May 2, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 2, 2019
  4. pdenny Win User

new / old computer

Old telephone, New computer

I recently bought a new laptop with 64-bit Vista Ultimate. I have been unable to sync my very old Siemens telephone running Pocket PC 2003. Any suggestions? I have tried what MS suggested and the computer recognizes when I plug the two together but
    it does not show up any where inside Windows, including Windows Mobile Device Center.

pdenny, May 2, 2019
Thema:

new / old computer

1. new / old computer - Similar Threads - old computer

2. Is reactivating a retail Windows 10 Pro license on a new computer allowed (after the old...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is reactivating a retail Windows 10 Pro license on a new computer allowed (after the old...: Situation: My old computer stopped working, I've built a new one and would like to get my Windows 10 Pro key reactivated on the new computer. In my first naïve attempt at "freeing up" the key for reactivation, I figured it was a good idea to delete the old computer from my...
  3. New Computer: Windows 10 Home -> Upgrade to Win 10 Pro with old Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Computer: Windows 10 Home -> Upgrade to Win 10 Pro with old Key: Howdy Folks, *Smile New computer replacing one that crashed & burned. I'm looking for a quick refresher on upgrading my OS from Home to Pro. Is it simply a matter of changing my Key in Settings/Activation to the one from my old Win 10 Pro computer? Or are there specific step...
  4. 1 week old computer with Windows 10 was working this morning, now when I try to sign in it...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    1 week old computer with Windows 10 was working this morning, now when I try to sign in it...: new computer worked fine for two days. Worked fine this morning. Come back from lunch and cannot log on. Log on screen asks me for password for my microsoft acct and i even went in and changed the password to make sure I had it exact. Gives me incorrect password message....
  5. how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10: I need to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10, what do I need to do to complete this successfully? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-old-computer-windows-10/f479793f-3d97-4b0b-aed4-adac71c682f9"
  6. Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.

Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.: Hi Microsoft Community! I'm in the process of assembling a new PC and am going to give the old PC to my younger brother. I want to transfer my existing license to the new computer and if possible "de-license" the old one. These are the particulars: My Windows 10 license...
  7. my brother just gave me his old computer how do i get rid of everything?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my brother just gave me his old computer how do i get rid of everything?: I have tried factory resetting it would not let me do it for some reason. its kinda frustrating I just want to be able to set up my new computer with out these complications HELP!!!!...
  8. I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office...: I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office softwares in that computer under my account so he can use them. How do I do this?...
  9. Remove Windows 10 from Old Computer

Remove Windows 10 from Old Computer: I was bought Windows 10 Pro at November 27, 2016. Now, the computer broke and unusable. Now, i buy new computer with Windows 10 Home. Can i remove the windows 10 from my old computer and install it to my new windows. How to request Activation Key if i bought in Windows Store?...
  10. my computer looks like an old negative after i played around with the color

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer looks like an old negative after i played around with the color: Please help get my computer back to normal. All the photos or pictures of anything looks like a negative https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-looks-like-an-old-negative-after-i/14159231-216a-4f2f-89f4-2b050ee299f7