Windows 10: New One-Drive Synching process has put hundreds of items on my Lock screen. Windows 10

Discus and support New One-Drive Synching process has put hundreds of items on my Lock screen. Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Another day, another Microsoft problem. When I powered up just now, this message appeared: [ATTACH] Eighteen minutes later, it finished but said... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Taffy087, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

New One-Drive Synching process has put hundreds of items on my Lock screen. Windows 10

Another day, another Microsoft problem. When I powered up just now, this message appeared:

New One-Drive Synching process has put hundreds of items on my Lock screen.  Windows 10 270a9dff-d234-4818-8677-b9801ce36350?upload=true.png

Eighteen minutes later, it finished but said there was a problem:

New One-Drive Synching process has put hundreds of items on my Lock screen.  Windows 10 5dc390fb-cba2-4880-ac5e-eb2b28f3d019?upload=true.png

I clicked on the link and the three issues were resolved.

I then went to my Lock Screen and saw that there are now over a hundred files and folders there - they are off the right-hand side of my screen.

New One-Drive Synching process has put hundreds of items on my Lock screen.  Windows 10 36f084dd-5500-414f-9cfb-e14fd9bf7589?upload=true.png

This is nonsense and another waste of my time. Why couldn't Microsoft have told us in advance that this was happening? Why couldn't they have given us the option to delay the syncing? Why couldn't the items have been saved somewhere else?

Is there any way that I can remove these blasted items from my LOCK screen quickly or am I stuck with removing each one individually?

I haven't a clue which Category/Topics I should use. If they're wrong, would a Moderator please move as appropriate?TIA

PS The new Settings page is excellent - it's very neat. But again, advance warning would have been helpful. That's what the Notifications screen is there for, surely?

:)

Taffy087, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2020
  3. little cat, Oct 23, 2020
  4. New One-Drive Synching process has put hundreds of items on my Lock screen. Windows 10

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

New One-Drive Synching process has put hundreds of items on my Lock screen. Windows 10

1. New One-Drive Synching process has put hundreds of items on my Lock screen. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Drive Synching process

2. One drive download has lost my apps and items in folders.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One drive download has lost my apps and items in folders.: Hello I have just tried to download the one drive app.A message appeard to back up my pictures etc and I just clicked continue however it was taking a while and didn’t have the time. Then my apps pinned to the desktop and content within sub folders have disappeared. I tried...
  3. One drive download has lost my apps and items in folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive download has lost my apps and items in folders.: Hello I have just tried to download the one drive app.A message appeard to back up my pictures etc and I just clicked continue however it was taking a while and didn’t have the time. Then my apps pinned to the desktop and content within sub folders have disappeared. I tried...
  4. One drive download has lost my apps and items in folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One drive isn't synching

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    One drive isn't synching: My one drive is not syncing, it says something like Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in or JavaScript is blocked, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-synching/7166be1e-b9c3-40d6-a8fc-30fd57f3d021
  6. One drive isn't synching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive isn't synching: My one drive is not syncing, it says something like Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in or JavaScript is blocked, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-synching/7166be1e-b9c3-40d6-a8fc-30fd57f3d021
  7. One drive isn't synching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 Pro, One Drive no option to synch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Pro, One Drive no option to synch: When I installed one drive, there were no pop ups or options on syncing selected folders (like instructions claim). I have tried signing in and out, option still not evident. The symbols are somewhat cryptic. Is there a menu where I can choose which folders to sync?...
  9. windows 10/one drive & my missing download items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10/one drive & my missing download items: All the items in my downloads folder have disappeared,i do not remember hitting delete by mistake.I've been reading various posts on here & some have mentioned one drive.So far as i remembe4r i have never saved anything to one drive but i did take a look at it.I read...
  10. One Drive & Folder synching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive & Folder synching: How do I unsync a folder on my desk top from automatically uploading to One Drive? I right click and see commands like "free up space" . Is this how to stop syncing to One Drive?...