Windows 10: New OneDrive folder? Why?

Discus and support New OneDrive folder? Why? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall my original copy of Outlook 2010 on a new Windows 10 machine. Outlook 2010 is getting installed in a OneDrive folder, along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by littleneilnpl, Feb 26, 2021.

1. New OneDrive folder? Why?

I am trying to reinstall my original copy of Outlook 2010 on a new Windows 10 machine. Outlook 2010 is getting installed in a OneDrive folder, along with my desktop folder. Don't understand? Local Disk -Users-Me-OneDrive-Outlook and Desktop. Why?? BTW, I didn't sign up for OneDrive and don't want it.

:)

littleneilnpl, Feb 26, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Feb 26, 2021
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Feb 26, 2021
  4. New OneDrive folder? Why?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

New OneDrive folder? Why?

1. New OneDrive folder? Why? - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder Why

2. Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?: I am trying to delete a folder on my OneDrive but I am being told I need to get permission from a different Administrator on my computer. I do have "Full Control" administrative rights on the admin account I am signed into, but I guess not full enough. I can see the alternate...
  3. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  4. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  5. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  6. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  7. Windows / OneDrive created a new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows / OneDrive created a new folder: What caused my PC with OneDrive to create a new Folder on OneDrive called "Recovery"? It contains two subfolders called "Customizations" and "OEM". The "Customizations" folder contains a huge usmt file. I recognize that this is a migration file, but I did not knowingly ask...
  8. Why can't some Onedrive folders not sync?

Why can't some Onedrive folders not sync?: I have marked a folder as "always keep on this device". All of the various subfolders have a status that says they are synced. There are 209 of them. However, there are THREE that don't change their status icon. If I open up that subfolder, all of the files there say they...
  9. OneDrive Creates New Folders

OneDrive Creates New Folders: My OneDrive keeps creating new folders which contain some of my files from another folder. I've inserted a snip of what it does. Some of the files in the folder "Current Grants and Contracts" end up in folders which start with "CURRENT~1~..." I didn't create these folders....
  10. Moving OneDrive to new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving OneDrive to new folder: Long story, but I had placed my onedrive folder inside a different online backup folder (I don't know don't ask me why lol). Anyway now I need to move the OneDrive folder back to the main C: drive folder, but I can't figure out how to stop syncing long enough to move....