Windows 10: New Optional Updates

Discus and support New Optional Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I finally got the 2004 update on this PC but now it shows a list of optional updates. I'm not sure they even apply. The 4 Intel ones don't really have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bigdog, Aug 16, 2020.

1. bigdog Win User

New Optional Updates

I finally got the 2004 update on this PC but now it shows a list of optional updates. I'm not sure they even apply. The 4 Intel ones don't really have any info at all. The Realtek one I'm not sure if it is an update to what the driver already in place and have no idea about the Alcor one at all. Unfortunately Dell's website that shows drivers is not much help either.

Any ideas what these are?

Thanks

New Optional Updates [​IMG]

:)

bigdog, Aug 16, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 16, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond New Optional Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 16, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

New Optional Updates

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

New Optional Updates

1. New Optional Updates - Similar Threads - Optional Updates

2. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  3. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  4. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why Refresh option not working in window 11 after some window updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Refresh option not working in window 11 after some window updates?: Refresh Option not working properly in Windows 11 OS.After sucessfully Downloading-lnstalling theWindows 11 OS Update update, inDesktop Sceen when i Right Click - "Refresh'option not workingHence when 1 click on "Refresh" option, thenIcon's don't shake.How can l get the issue...
  6. Why Refresh option not working in window 11 after some window updates?

Why Refresh option not working in window 11 after some window updates?: Refresh Option not working properly in Windows 11 OS.After sucessfully Downloading-lnstalling theWindows 11 OS Update update, inDesktop Sceen when i Right Click - "Refresh'option not workingHence when 1 click on "Refresh" option, thenIcon's don't shake.How can l get the issue...
  7. Optional Driver Updates, how to remove and would they cause trouble?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Driver Updates, how to remove and would they cause trouble?: HelloI was running through some Windows updates and came across optional updates, I mostly ignored them for most of the time they're optional for a reason, but today, I was a little bit curious and saw one of the optional driver updates for my bluetooth device so I put it on...
  8. Optional Driver Updates, how to remove and would they cause trouble?

Optional Driver Updates, how to remove and would they cause trouble?: HelloI was running through some Windows updates and came across optional updates, I mostly ignored them for most of the time they're optional for a reason, but today, I was a little bit curious and saw one of the optional driver updates for my bluetooth device so I put it on...
  9. Optional Driver Updates, how to remove and would they cause trouble?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. My laptop Is black Screen After Optional Driver Update

My laptop Is black Screen After Optional Driver Update: So my laptop Is beeping and lagging so i just search on YouTube how to solve it and it say to update Optional driver so i update all of it and then it show error and I restarted it and then Suddenly It came to bios and i couldn't move my mouse so i shutdown it when i...