Windows 10: New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings??

Discus and support New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm currently still on 1903 and when opening up Settings i've never seen this displayed before. See SS. Is anyone else seeing this? I didn't change any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 22Green, Oct 20, 2020.

1. 22Green Win User

New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings??

I'm currently still on 1903 and when opening up Settings i've never seen this displayed before. See SS. Is anyone else seeing this? I didn't change any settings or do any installs, updates etc.. not thats it a big deal, but it just appeared this way out of no where.

Thanks

New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings?? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

** Found the news on it. (In case anyone else sees this)

Windows 10 Settings Header is now rolling out

:)

22Green, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Oct 21, 2020
  4. New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings??

windows 10 apps list will not open

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

• If EITHER command does not show a good outcome, we need to stop and repair Windows. We have 3 options:

• Go Back: If there are other significant issues, or if the customer is not sure of using Windows 10, Go Back. The plan from there will be to clean up the configuration to prepare for an upgrade.

• Reset: If possible, remove Antivirus/Sec Software and perform a Reset (keeping data and settings). Customers will need to reinstall apps with this option.

• In-Place Upgrade: If the customer is unwilling, we can try uninstalling the Antivirus/Sec Software and try an in-place upgrade. We should set expectation.

• If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt.

• If you see a red error, then the command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be a larger problem with Windows 10. Try again.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved.

• If not, restart the PC. In this case try as a new administrator user account.

• If the new user also fails, go up to the steps for “3. If EITHER command does not show…” above. We need to repair Windows.
    Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings??

1. New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings?? - Similar Threads - options listed opening

2. Settings power mode is no list option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings power mode is no list option: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-power-mode-is-no-list-option/8b1fc281-907d-4fdf-9db2-83ebb19ef7b9
  3. Settings power mode is no list option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings power mode is no list option: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-power-mode-is-no-list-option/8b1fc281-907d-4fdf-9db2-83ebb19ef7b9
  4. Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KillerKattapa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13m0jyq/windows_settings_crashes_when_opening_video/
  5. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...: Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option immediately close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-option-not-open-when-click-update/6d7fb3fb-12f5-44d8-93cf-ec1a9a0fe500
  6. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...: Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option immediately close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-option-not-open-when-click-update/6d7fb3fb-12f5-44d8-93cf-ec1a9a0fe500
  7. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. [Bug?] Windows Setting Freeze when opening Backup Option

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    [Bug?] Windows Setting Freeze when opening Backup Option: Hello. I've windows 10 20H2 10.0.19042 N/A Build 19042.804, I just upgrade with febuary 2021 security patch, but I face this error, when I want to access Windows Setting for backup option, then the settings Freeze and CPU spike like 20-30%. I never encounter this before. I...
  9. Windows Setting Freeze when opening Backup Option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Setting Freeze when opening Backup Option: submitted by /u/BenL90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ligd9y/windows_setting_freeze_when_opening_backup_option/
  10. [Bug?] Windows Setting Freeze when opening Backup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    [Bug?] Windows Setting Freeze when opening Backup Option: Hello. I've windows 10 20H2 10.0.19042 N/A Build 19042.804, I just upgrade with febuary 2021 security patch, but I face this error, when I want to access Windows Setting for backup option, then the settings Freeze and CPU spike like 20-30%. I never encounter this before. I...