Windows 10: New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings??

Discus and support New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm currently still on 1903 and when opening up Settings i've never seen this displayed before. See SS. Is anyone else seeing this? I didn't change any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 22Green, Oct 20, 2020.

1. 22Green Win User

New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings??

I'm currently still on 1903 and when opening up Settings i've never seen this displayed before. See SS. Is anyone else seeing this? I didn't change any settings or do any installs, updates etc.. not thats it a big deal, but it just appeared this way out of no where.

Thanks

New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings?? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

** Found the news on it. (In case anyone else sees this)

Windows 10 Settings Header is now rolling out

:)

22Green, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Oct 21, 2020
  4. New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings??

windows 10 apps list will not open

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

• If EITHER command does not show a good outcome, we need to stop and repair Windows. We have 3 options:

• Go Back: If there are other significant issues, or if the customer is not sure of using Windows 10, Go Back. The plan from there will be to clean up the configuration to prepare for an upgrade.

• Reset: If possible, remove Antivirus/Sec Software and perform a Reset (keeping data and settings). Customers will need to reinstall apps with this option.

• In-Place Upgrade: If the customer is unwilling, we can try uninstalling the Antivirus/Sec Software and try an in-place upgrade. We should set expectation.

• If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt.

• If you see a red error, then the command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be a larger problem with Windows 10. Try again.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved.

• If not, restart the PC. In this case try as a new administrator user account.

• If the new user also fails, go up to the steps for “3. If EITHER command does not show…” above. We need to repair Windows.
    Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings??

1. New options listed when opening Windows 10 settings?? - Similar Threads - options listed opening

2. Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer: Hi, Do someone know how to access or edit the "Open Folder with" list of options ? In registry or elsewhere. To edit the "Open with" for a specific file type, I know the registry path is the following:...
  3. When I open settings, the ethernet option does not show up.

When I open settings, the ethernet option does not show up.: I use to have a LAN cable up and running on my windows 10. After an update, I looked at my taskbar and the ethernet icon turned into a wifi icon. I went into settings trying to figure out what happened, I searched ''ethernet'', but the option was not showing up. I went back...
  4. Windows 10 not listed in boot options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not listed in boot options.: I am using an ASROCK motherboard. Yesterday I tried to install Ubuntu onto a second disk, later when I tried to boot into Windows 10 I couldn't get into Windows with GRUB nor the boot list. My windows disk was initially MBR which I converted to GPT before installing Ubuntu....
  5. Windows 10 not listed in boot options.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not listed in boot options.: I am using an ASROCK motherboard. Yesterday I tried to install Ubuntu onto a second disk, later when I tried to boot into Windows 10 I couldn't get into Windows with GRUB nor the boot list. My windows disk was initially MBR which I converted to GPT before installing Ubuntu....
  6. Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erroneous "Open with" options when opening files: Picture says it all. How do I remove those "" /Play "%L" options ? [img] 93037
  7. Windows 10 settings/options???

Windows 10 settings/options???: Hello all, I recently purchased a surface pro 3 and it is running windows 10. Everything works fine, except my wifi!!! *cry It would lag when I'm streaming videos while using battery mode, but when I'm plugged in it works perfect. After lots of research online it appears I...
  8. Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 How to Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a...
  9. Windows 10 Settings Crash when trying to open it

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Settings Crash when trying to open it: Hi i just instaled windows 10 and its everything alright exept when i try to open the Settings when barely open it crashes and cant do anything about it. I already tried to restart the pc but it didn't worked. Something i did wrong? Can i do something? 9431
  10. Windows 10 new "Open with" menu showing empty option.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 new "Open with" menu showing empty option.: I got this problem on new "open with" menu. A empty entry appears for image file extensions. (see picture below). [img] I can't find the registry key *Huh Thanks a lot! 30106