Windows 10: New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM)

Discus and support New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; @ What version of WLM 2012 are you using. I have a hotmail account (xxx@hotmail.com) and I don't see the Advanced tab where I can set IMAP. My... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Slartybart, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Kbird Win User

New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM)

Version 2012 too

You can't change the existing account if that is what you are trying to Do ? just leave the old Hotmail account setup for now and set the Account up again , choose manually configure Server and IMAP and use the settings for ports etc above.

You can set up any account for Imap this way eg gmail ,yahoo etc , but you need to sign in on th e Web and enable IMAP on each of them 1st.

KB

Kbird, Sep 22, 2016
  2. essenbe Win User

Well, I guess I wasn't smart enough to do it the easy way.

essenbe, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Kbird Win User
    *Smile As always with Windows there are at least 3 ways to do Stuff .........it's the end result that counts.....

KB

Kbird, Sep 22, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Thanks to @essenbe, @Kbird
    I did create a fake yahoo mail and it did not work, use fake gmail and everything is cool.

topgundcp, Sep 22, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Did you enable IMAP at Yahoo.com?

KB

Kbird, Sep 22, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Just a quick update , I am still using IMAP with WLM but it has been slow and throwing a number of errors getting and checking email, but this morning I found a tip online to change the Incoming Mail Server to :

outlook.office365.com

I have IPV6 as I am on fibre now so I am not sure if this fix works for everyone or not ? ( i saw ipv6 mentioned ) , but now WLM is pretty fast collecting mail etc , ie seconds not minutes and no error messages about Server errors since making the change

Tip found here: Setting up an Outlook.com IMAP account

KB

Kbird, May 1, 2017
  7. matfx Win User
    I changed both incoming and outgoing server, like this :

outlook.office365.com

smtp.live.com

Now WLM (2012 version) working smooth and fast. I can still sync contact list but the calendar can't be sync anymore. By the way i still use Windows 10 A.U not sure this setting can be applicable to latest Win 10 build.

matfx, May 1, 2017
  8. Kbird Win User

thanks , I'll try smtp.live.com too , as the above .office365 incoming setting is working great

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM) - Similar Threads - Outlook com Essentials

2. Outlook and Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Windows Live Mail: Although WLM is long past its sell by date, I still use it and have for many years. Very good email client.Trying to add my Outlook Mail account to WLM and have followed this link for server and setup information -...
  3. Outlook and Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook and Windows Live Mail: Although WLM is long past its sell by date, I still use it and have for many years. Very good email client.Trying to add my Outlook Mail account to WLM and have followed this link for server and setup information -...
  4. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  5. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  6. LIVE ESSENTIALS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LIVE ESSENTIALS: LOST WINDOWS LIVE ESSENTIALS 2012 AFTER RECENT UPDATE,CANNOT RE-INSTALL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/live-essentials/c5b4d6c2-6589-4d9a-af74-19e551aa1714
  7. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  8. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

in Browsers and Email
    Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM: Have been using this program for months now on windows 10 32 bit, and I get an email saying that MS are making changes to Outlook servers and to patch WLM 2012 and a download link. I applied the patch and now after a few seconds of being open WLM 2012 crashes while...
  9. Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior: I have been using Windows 10 for almost a year with Windows Live Mail as my email client without issue until about 3 weeks ago. Now, there is an intermittent problem: I have 3 accounts linked to my WLM and when doing a send/receive randomly the program will do crazy...
  10. Windows Live Essentials

Windows Live Essentials: Does anyone know if Microsoft is going to replace Windows Live Essentials as I heard on a cnet message forum administrator that Microsoft will no longer offer that suite or programs? I used to use Windows Live Writer to blog but I needed more features, especially with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intermittent error windows live mail yahoo email language:en