Windows 10: New password doesn’t work when I try to launch safe mode

Discus and support New password doesn’t work when I try to launch safe mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I hope you have some advice for me here. I was trying to uninstall Avast from my PC since its firewall blocks some connections, and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LozkoDimitrov, Oct 15, 2018.

1. New password doesn’t work when I try to launch safe mode

Hi everyone, I hope you have some advice for me here.

I was trying to uninstall Avast from my PC since its firewall blocks some connections, and i cant launch it to disable it. So the guide said that I should use avastclear in Safe Mode to uninstall it.

I go to switch to safe mode and it asks me for a password. I fill in my password and it says that it is incorrect. So I go ahead and change it but it still doesn’t work with the new password.

What do I do when it doesn’t let me in Safe Mode?

EDIT: The new password works when I use it in Normal Boot.

:)

LozkoDimitrov, Oct 15, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 15, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 15, 2018
  4. New password doesn’t work when I try to launch safe mode

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

New password doesn’t work when I try to launch safe mode

1. New password doesn’t work when I try to launch safe mode - Similar Threads - password doesn’t try

2. Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work: I have a three month old Dell XPS. I am unable to log in to the computer because it says the camera isnt working and “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” I’ve also gotten an error message from explorer.exe saying “the system...
  3. Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work: I have a three month old Dell XPS. I am unable to log in to the computer because it says the camera isnt working and “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” I’ve also gotten an error message from explorer.exe saying “the system...
  4. When I try to login the password doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to login the password doesn’t work: Doesn’t let me login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-login-the-password-doesnt-work/f09a78ea-f666-402f-9fc1-949a81bc1fbb
  5. When I try to login the password doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to login the password doesn’t work: Doesn’t let me login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-login-the-password-doesnt-work/f09a78ea-f666-402f-9fc1-949a81bc1fbb
  6. When I try to login the password doesn’t work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Wrong password when trying to enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong password when trying to enter safe mode: As the title says, i simply cannot enter safe mode as it keeps saying the password is wrong. I've tried both my windows pin and my outlook email password and both are wrong. Yet my pin works perfectly fine when booting in normal mode and my outlook password also works...
  8. New password not working in safe mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New password not working in safe mode.: Hi there! my new password for my microsoft account doesnt work for safe mode in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-password-not-working-in-safe-mode/ebd9150d-fb71-457c-acb6-0f23004487b1
  9. Safe Mode Password Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode Password Not Working: I entered safe mode and all of a sudden password doesn't work anymore. Its been the same password. I have a wired connection. Why cant I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-password-not-working/8f60631f-77d1-460b-8eda-8f95cc2222c8
  10. password not working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. safe mode password doesnt work