Windows 10: New password for account - frozen screen

Discus and support New password for account - frozen screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On startup I decided to change my account password. After following the prompts, I have arrived at a screen saying "all set your password has changed"... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Leighton 802, Feb 5, 2019.

1. New password for account - frozen screen

On startup I decided to change my account password. After following the prompts, I have arrived at a screen saying "all set your password has changed" and there is a next button at the bottom corner waiting to be activated. Nothing happens when you click on the next button or the cross to delete the page. On restarting the PC, up comes this screen and there it stays.

I have received an email (on another device) saying that my account password has changed, but still nothing happens on my screen.

I need help in getting rid of this screen and to be able to use my PC again.

:)

Leighton 802, Feb 5, 2019

2. frozen screen

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand your surface screen is frozen. In this case, I would suggest you to hard restart the tablet by pressing and holding the power button and restart the tablet. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 5, 2019
  4. New password for account - frozen screen

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

New password for account - frozen screen

1. New password for account - frozen screen - Similar Threads - password account frozen

2. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen screen: Bios then save and exit now screen frozen ? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-screen/d8d7f090-7b20-46a2-a5a3-f458aec655c6
  3. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen screen: Bios then save and exit now screen frozen ? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-screen/d8d7f090-7b20-46a2-a5a3-f458aec655c6
  4. Windows 10 frozen at first password screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 frozen at first password screen: Hi as you can see from the picture above I can not get past this screen due to my pc freezing and not actually letting me type my first password in.Even if I try and boot up in the bios settings it will still come up with this screen first. Please, any would be kindly...
  5. Windows 10 frozen at first password screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 frozen at first password screen: Hi as you can see from the picture above I can not get past this screen due to my pc freezing and not actually letting me type my first password in.Even if I try and boot up in the bios settings it will still come up with this screen first. Please, any would be kindly...
  6. Windows 10 frozen at first password screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. New PC Frozen on this Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC Frozen on this Screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jnes1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxz5uo/new_pc_frozen_on_this_screen/
  8. Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frozen Screen: Hi I have an issue where whenever I attempt to turn on my laptop it freezes while booting up and the little boot animation freezes and when I get past that it freezes when I try to log in please help thanks! submitted by /u/YvngPant [link] [comments]...
  9. Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen Screen: My laptop has a frozen black screen after it was downloading an update all it now shows is a black screen with a pop up window stating to "insert external media and then OK" but nothing happens....
  10. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen screen: My screen on my windows 10 is frozen before the welcome screen its jjust a picture of a dessert scene there is no password box nothing to click on at all what can i do...