Windows 10: New password letting me log into safe mode !

Discus and support New password letting me log into safe mode ! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok so basically i was trying to follow this tutorial online because my system kept trying to update but it always ended undoing the changes. That has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinTan5, Dec 15, 2018.

1. KevinTan5 Win User

New password letting me log into safe mode !

Ok so basically i was trying to follow this tutorial online because my system kept trying to update but it always ended undoing the changes. That has led me to go into safe mode to try to find a solution to my main problem. But then, it didnt accept my pin in safe mode (i found out why) and i forgot the main password that was tied to this system. So i went online to microsoft and tried changing my password. I managed to change my password, then i restarted the system (my system is stuck on safe mode) and tried again, no success. Ive tried everything in the recovery and everything. At this point ive given up on my main problem and just want my computer to boot normally. Why is my changed password not working, and how would i go about fixing this?

:)

KevinTan5, Dec 15, 2018

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 15, 2018
  3. curt jugg Win User
    Problems with password in Safe Mode

When I try to log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode it tells me my current password is incorrect. If I log on to my laptop computer in Safe Mode my current password is accepted. My wife can log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using her current password without any problem. If I log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using my previous Microsoft password, however, that is accepted.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem with my desktop Safe Mode log-on and how I can get it to accept my current password, please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Curt

curt jugg, Dec 15, 2018
  4. New password letting me log into safe mode !

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

New password letting me log into safe mode !

1. New password letting me log into safe mode ! - Similar Threads - password letting log

2. Windows doesn't let me use safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows doesn't let me use safe mode: I tried logging into my PC today and it said sign in service failed and I went to youtube to fix it and one of the steps I need to do is get into safe mode I did all the steps correctly and when I do it asks me for my pin and then I get stuck on the welcome loading screen and...
  3. Windows doesn't let me use safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't let me use safe mode: I tried logging into my PC today and it said sign in service failed and I went to youtube to fix it and one of the steps I need to do is get into safe mode I did all the steps correctly and when I do it asks me for my pin and then I get stuck on the welcome loading screen and...
  4. Windows doesn't let me use safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Picture password won't let me log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Picture password won't let me log in: I recently owned a few different laptops Lenovo Yoga L13, Lenovo Yoga 9i, etc., with which I always used the Picture password option with no issues.I just got a Dell 7420, and I can set up the Picture password just fine, however when I go to log in, it doesn't do anything. It...
  6. Computer has no password but will not let me log in??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer has no password but will not let me log in??: Hi all, I am not very computer savvy and could use some feedback. During a thunderstorm the other night my power went out and rebooted my computer. When I sat down to use it, there is a sign in button to click but when I do, no password area comes up to type in. I click on it...
  7. New password not working in safe mode.

New password not working in safe mode.: Hi there! my new password for my microsoft account doesnt work for safe mode in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-password-not-working-in-safe-mode/ebd9150d-fb71-457c-acb6-0f23004487b1
  8. Can't log in to Safe Mode, Password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in to Safe Mode, Password incorrect: I can not boot in to safe mode on my PC. I have tried every password I could have used and reset the password on the microsoft account. On the Safe Mode log in screen it says I am not connected to the internet. The computer is connected by a LAN cable. How can I get...
  9. Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode: can you help me please? I turn my windows 10 to safe mode, but it cant log in with my password, I have try to make it to safe mode with metworking, but it still cant login because my PC cant connect to amy metwork... i use wifi amd usb thetering and its still cant connext and...
  10. Let me log in without a password

Let me log in without a password: I don't want to be have to enter a password every time I open my computer. It's a desktop, no one is going to steal it. A password is useless. Just let me remove it without using a local account/adding a new account. There was a automatic log in that I had set up, but it is...