Windows 10: New Path editor gone after variable delete

Discus and support New Path editor gone after variable delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was happy to use new PATH editor: Windows 10 finally adds a new Path editor but I noticed, if you delete PATH variable, and create it again, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by svnpenn, Jun 2, 2020.

1. svnpenn Win User

New Path editor gone after variable delete

I was happy to use new PATH editor:

Windows 10 finally adds a new Path editor

but I noticed, if you delete PATH variable, and create it again, the new editor is gone and replaced with old editor. Is it possible to restore new editor?

:)

svnpenn, Jun 2, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. Accidentally deleted the path of environment variables

I accidentally deleted the path of system environment variables, instead of editing it and adding a new one, in my Windows 10 Dell Laptop. I lost all the default variables that were there. How do I restore the previous variables? Please help

AishwaryaC, Jun 2, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Notepad++ spellchecker (environmental variables path issue)

I think all you're seeing in Win 10 is a more sophisticated environmental variable editor that lists each separate item in PATH to deskill edits, rather than listing them contiguously in a single line with ; separators.

To add, click New

The video is for Win 8

dalchina, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. New Path editor gone after variable delete - Similar Threads - Path editor gone

2. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  3. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  4. Changes of PATH Variable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes of PATH Variable: Hello there,I changed the PATH Variable and added another directory to implement the given commands under DOS.The strange thing is, that this works fine as Administrator and absolutely not, when logged in with a non-administrator account.What do I do wrong?Kind regards...
  5. Changes of PATH Variable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes of PATH Variable: Hello there,I changed the PATH Variable and added another directory to implement the given commands under DOS.The strange thing is, that this works fine as Administrator and absolutely not, when logged in with a non-administrator account.What do I do wrong?Kind regards...
  6. Path environment variable empty after attempting to add new path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Path environment variable empty after attempting to add new path: After trying to install ffmpeg using the guide in the link below, my path variable only includes the path to ffmpeg. I don't have any backups whatsoever and have closed the command prompt and restarted ever since. Is there a way to find out what programs need their path to be...
  7. regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable: please help me fast, I accidentally deleted path variable of user variable ..... I want to restore it. the real situation is I cannot run android studio project and it shows error - " unable to start daemon process............This problem might be caused by incorrect...
  8. New PATH editor interface not working for user Path.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New PATH editor interface not working for user Path.: If I'm not mistaken, Windows 10 has introduced the new GUI interface for editing PATH environment variable in 1511. The 'Edit envionment vaiable' dialog My current build is 1909-18363.836. The problem is, the new path editor shows corectly for System's Path vaiable. But...
  9. Environmental variable/path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Environmental variable/path: Hello community, I need some help. I was attempting to download Oracle JDK/JRE and somehow corrupted my path. Can anyone tell me the default path setting that I need to restore? I appreciate your help....
  10. i accidently deleted system environment variable path

in Windows 10 Support
    i accidently deleted system environment variable path: i accidently deleted the system environment variable path value now i cant run my java or while typing javac in CMD itit shows javac is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." please tell how do i get the real path 70122