Windows 10: New PC and windows 10 - no signal after start up

Discus and support New PC and windows 10 - no signal after start up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just bought my mum a Lenovo IdeaCentre 310s A6 4GB 1TB PC with a Acer K222HQLBID 21.5inch monitor. Loaded up her anti virus and one of my office 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Potager93, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Potager93 Win User

New PC and windows 10 - no signal after start up

Just bought my mum a Lenovo IdeaCentre 310s A6 4GB 1TB PC with a Acer K222HQLBID 21.5inch monitor. Loaded up her anti virus and one of my office 365 licences. We spent the morning today going through emails and internet and I left her with it updating windows and shutting down. Got a call tonight saying she switched it on, it loaded up the front picture then showed a wheel spinning then said 'no signal'. Told her to turn it off, leave it 5 mins and turn it on again but it's doing the same.

Problem is I live 300 miles away and have basic-ish IT skills and she has even less! Been looking on forums and some suggesting to disconnect all cables, leave 10 mins, connect all up again and turn on. But these seem to be for monitors that just show 'no signal' where as mum's turns on then goes into 'no signal'.

Can anyone suggest what it could be and how I try and solve it 300 miles away??

Thanks

:)

Potager93, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 16, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

1. New PC and windows 10 - no signal after start up - Similar Threads - signal start

2. pc is starting but no signal booting is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc is starting but no signal booting is not working: hello as of late i wanne to reset my PC because there where a lot of things i didnt know. so i was scared zo i looded it op my asus x299 but i think i removed the storage by accident. now i am trying everthing but nothings helps i have a 64 windows 10 disk but not reader....
  3. pc is starting but no signal booting is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc is starting but no signal booting is not working: hello as of late i wanne to reset my PC because there where a lot of things i didnt know. so i was scared zo i looded it op my asus x299 but i think i removed the storage by accident. now i am trying everthing but nothings helps i have a 64 windows 10 disk but not reader....
  4. pc is starting but no signal booting is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Check signal cable showing everytime i start my computer and turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check signal cable showing everytime i start my computer and turning off: Guys my computer screen is flickering i was thinking how did it happen because it never happen to my computer screen beforeAnd how do i fix the check signal cable everytime i open my computer it saying check signal cable same thing everytime i shutdown my computer...
  6. Check signal cable showing everytime i start my computer and turning off

Check signal cable showing everytime i start my computer and turning off: Guys my computer screen is flickering i was thinking how did it happen because it never happen to my computer screen beforeAnd how do i fix the check signal cable everytime i open my computer it saying check signal cable same thing everytime i shutdown my computer...
  7. Check signal cable showing everytime i start my computer and turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why does my TV screen lose hdmi signal every time I start The evil within on steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my TV screen lose hdmi signal every time I start The evil within on steam: So I bought evil dead for steam and after downloading it i pressed play, the screen went black and after a few seconds my screen started showing me no signal, I tried to look it up but no one has had the same problem so farMy TV is 4k so I switched to my 1080p monitor just to...
  9. Why does my TV screen lose hdmi signal every time I start The evil within on steam

Why does my TV screen lose hdmi signal every time I start The evil within on steam: So I bought evil dead for steam and after downloading it i pressed play, the screen went black and after a few seconds my screen started showing me no signal, I tried to look it up but no one has had the same problem so farMy TV is 4k so I switched to my 1080p monitor just to...
  10. Microsoft gives the starting signal for third-party widgets development for Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft gives the starting signal for third-party widgets development for Windows 11: When Microsoft launched Windows 11 a year ago, it introduced a dedicated icon on the taskbar that would open the Widgets panel. Hovering the mouse over the Widgets icon is enough to display the interface. The initial release displayed first-party content only, including...